Iphone x meeting in MD

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by goofy810, Oct 13, 2017.

1. goofy810 macrumors regular

Ok so yes I plan to pre order, but i need 4 phones as my wife and kids all getting one. So pre planing on if i don't get them all for delivery day. I have waited in line b4 at the Columbia Mall store and it was a HUGE HUGE cluster due to the fact the mall doesn't open till like 5 or 6am and they wont let folks line up outside the mall door due to liability etc. So I am looking for a better place to go, the only store I think is out side is in Bethesda but not sure its smart to line up there with my Kid as its not the best place in the middle of the night. does anyone know of better places to line up at ??

2. Dr_Charles_Forbin macrumors regular

Dr_Charles_Forbin

Why in the world would you wait in Columbia Town Center when Christiana Mall is only a little over an hour away with no sales tax?

3. goofy810 thread starter macrumors regular

cause i didnt know about it A. and cause columbia mall is right down the street from me.

4. Dr_Charles_Forbin macrumors regular

Dr_Charles_Forbin

true dat. No.. I understand. I have friends who used to live in Columbia but now live in Annapolis. Let’s put it this way ... I live in New York and if I have a large Apple purchase I like to time it with a trip to see my friends. It’s not worth it to drive down to Christiana Mall but if I’m going by it anyway I’ll stop there. Figure for an iPhone X you’ll save at least $80 in sales tax.

5. goofy810 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I would def consider it, but it will cost me in tolls i think its like $8 for the 95n tunnel and then the Del tolls. But my bigger issue is I some how got picked to go on the kids field trip and need to be at her school by 9:15on Friday. So my only real option is Apple store Columbia, And I got a response from the mall security via Face Book and its bad. They plan to open at 5am and no one is allowed on mall property before 5am so it will be a free for all fighting to get in line. I was going to bring my 4 year old cause he is a HUGE apple fan already but if they are not going to help fix the line I may not as its risky with my son being so young and some jerk would trample him

6. Dr_Charles_Forbin macrumors regular

Dr_Charles_Forbin

Because you're a lucky man like every other father in this world :) Trust me, when your kids get older you'll look back and appreciate it (I'm still waiting for that day and both of my kids are in college... but that's what they say). I wouldn't bring a kid anywhere near this fiasco for the next week or two. I think you're missing something - you buy it on line and have it shipped to the store. You then decide when to pick it up. Christiana is a great store for kids because its huge... and it has 15 minute parking right in front of the apple store entrance. Park, pick it up, and leave. There's also a huge Cabela's across the parking lot with things for the kids to do. So it's a mini trip in a couple of weeks.

7. goofy810 thread starter macrumors regular

This is the response i got from Columbia Mall managment

"
    Dear -

Thank you for your email! Regarding the Apple event on the 3rd, we are working with our Public Safety team to assist with maintaining a safe environment for the release. No one is allowed to be on property or in line before 5 am. There will be a line for reservations and a separate line for those without reservations.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Best,

////

Emilie Buck

Administrative Assistant

GGP A RETAIL REAL ESTATE COMPANY

THE MALL IN COLUMBIA

10300 Little Patuxent Parkway‌

Columbia‌, Maryland‌ 21044

emilie.pless@ggp.com

(O) 410.964.3400‌ ‌

"

8. goofy810 thread starter macrumors regular

9. Dingster101 macrumors member

10. goofy810 thread starter macrumors regular

How is the mall with letting you line up early ? do they let you line up on mall property or make you wait till like 5am etc ?

11. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

They are the absolute worst. I lined up there for iPhone 5. Never again.

12. raving macrumors newbie

I also live close to Columbia mall and planning on going there at arnd 5 am..unless anyone can suggest a better store? How is Towson Mall compared to Columbia. Do they let ppl line up early? ..atleast the apple store is bigger there..