iPhone X Notch (not the one you’re thinking about)

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2015
Anyone with the X notice that little hole in the sapphire on the camera housing? I (I️) feel like it’s going to collect junk over time and it really bugs me.

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2015
Wow. Better return it.
Well, I was planning to just give it away but yeah, I could do that too.

Also, just because I’m too lazy to reply twice, the definition of a notch includes circular holes as well as U and V shaped ones.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Also, just because I’m too lazy to reply twice, the definition of a notch includes circular holes as well as U and V shaped ones.
nah.. notch means on the side.. the edge.

or it could also be in the surface if it were dished out..

but if it goes all the way through and not on an edge.. that's a hole

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2015
nah.. notch means on the side.. the edge.

or it could also be in the surface if it were dished out..

but if it goes all the way through and not on an edge.. that's a hole
Thankfully it doesn’t go all the way through, otherwise it would cut into the display!

No but seriously, however you define it that defect will collect grime eventually. Why did they have to put it in the housing?

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
No but seriously, however you define it that defect will collect grime eventually. Why did they have to put it in the housing?
wait, it's a defect now?
hmm. ok.

turn it over.. check out that defect at the top of the display where the speaker and mic are..

balderoine

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2016
Space Gray
The phone is rated IP67 water and dust resistant (mesh is designed to not let water and dirt get in as easy) so I really doubt. I'd bet the part is a pain to even take a part so it doesn't seem easy.