iPHONE X ORDER REFUNDED A DAY BEFORE?? What happened? My order was in progress and I confirm Chase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Nov 2, 2017.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

like 5 days ago i comfirm it was me who bought it and i check and my bank refund the order?
    i dont get it. i have not receieved any email from my bank nor apple. it still says order processing but when i check there is no iphone x charge anymore ?
    is this normal ? i paid in full and for store pickup

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

If you get an email from Chase or whatever bank about needing to confirm/deny a purchase. They ALREADY denied that charge. You are only approving the charge to be re-tried.

The store/carrier whoever has to be notified to re-try the purchase.

3. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Normally a store (apple) puts a hold on the funds but doesn't actually charge you. It may appear the money is gone for a few days but in reality nothing has left your bank. It is normally placed back into your account right before you are actually charged.

4. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

But I confirm to them the other day. why day before refunded ? ? is there a chance i would be charged again later?

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I think the only one who can answer you is your bank.

Does the Apple store still show you have it on order?

6. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes it says order processing

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

You are likely OK. Sounds like your authorization just dropped off but the order should still be good.

8. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

You get a temporary hold which comes off, and the permanent charge before your order ships. This is normal.

9. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Like it seems they gave back my money but then later they will charge again ?
    4 days ago i confim and next day i was charged the amount but today the amount was refunded ? so it means they will charge me again later ? even tho it shows i got my money back ? sorry for being confused

10. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

11. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

This is exactly what everyone is saying. The process is a little bit different depending on if you used a Credit Card or a Debit card that uses a Visa / MC system. But essentially yes... The money will disappear, reappear and finally disappear just before the product is shipped.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Can you call your bank? Only they know if it was really refunded or if only the authorization dropped off. If you can access from the Internet, check for authorizations on your account.

13. wittyphrase macrumors regular

Just FYI some banks work differently. I'm a big fan of how Capital One will let a charge through, but suspend the card for further transactions and immediately text me like "HEY HEY HEY THIS LOOKS WEIRD WAS THAT YOU?" It's not exactly that but it is in all caps. And if you respond "Yes" you get one back that's like "Whew, OK your card is good to go again. Have fun."

14. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Nope, they don't. CapitalOne just yesterday declined my iPhone order. I clicked approve on email, and had to call in to have carrier reprocess.

15. TinaNYCTower macrumors member

I got an email from capital one this week for a lesser charge for my order of a pixel 2 XL (financed via Verizon) and I just clicked and it went through but no email for my bigger charges for my two Xs. Both show pending.