IPhone X order went from “preparing for shipment” back to “processing”

Hedberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2016
Hey guys!

I preordered the iPhone X this Friday and got launch day delivery. During this period the order status went from “processing” to “preparing for shipment”. I just took another look, and my order has now changed back to processing?! Does this mean anything? The delivery date is still the 3rd, but is this about to change as well?

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
Hey guys!

I preordered the iPhone X this Friday and got launch day delivery. During this period the order status went from “processing” to “preparing for shipment”. I just took another look, and my order has now changed back to processing?! Does this mean anything? The delivery date is still the 3rd, but is this about to change as well?
Maybe there was a problem billing your card? Have you reached your limit? Is there fraud hold?

fischersd

macrumors 601
Oct 23, 2014
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Me, I'd call the bank/credit card company and make sure their fraud protection didn't cause a problem with the charge...then call/chat with Apple Support to make certain there's nothing wrong with the order on their side.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
From Apple :)
There's no guarantees, but I don't think it means anything. These first few days, with such a massive number of orders to process, the online status bares little resemblance to what's actually happening. By Monday or Tuesday, it will be more accurate, as I've seen this happen every year. Mine, for instance, says Preparing To Ship, but I can already track it on the UPS site and see it's location in China. I might not get the notice from Apple that it has shipped until Wednesday, which is what happened with my Apple Watch Series 3 that I got at launch.

Reactions: Hedberg

Hedberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2016
Contacted the bank and there was nothing wrong - they couldn’t even see the payment yet. Guess it’s just Apple having a tough time processing all the orders? Since it still says November 3rd delivery is there anything to worry about? :)

southflguy

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2012
Hey guys!

Doesn’t meany anything. During the past ten years of ordering Apple gear this has happened to me. As long as your delivery date sticks (and it should) you’re good to go b

Hedberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2016
Doesn’t meany anything. During the past ten years of ordering Apple gear this has happened to me. As long as your delivery date sticks (and it should) you’re good to go b
That’a a relief to hear! I’ll keep an eye on the delivery date :)