iPhone X - Phoenix Area

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by saaketh, Nov 2, 2017.

1. saaketh macrumors newbie

saaketh

What's the best store around here to pick up an iPhone X on launch day? It's my first year in Arizona so I am super unfamiliar with all the stores. There's a store in Biltmore, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Phoenix etc, and I'm trying to see where the chances of me scoring a phone are the highest!

Thanks

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I would think Scottsdale Quarter would be the busiest.. Depends how far you’re willing to drive. Arrowhead or SanTan may have less traffic..

3. saaketh thread starter macrumors newbie

saaketh

Thank You, I guess I'll hit the Santan store!

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Post up your experience. I’m curious how this launch plays out. I’m waiting until the holidays to buy, be it Black Friday or Christmas. Hopefully the supplies will not be too limited

5. agirton macrumors regular

I just got my "Ready For Pickup" for tomorrow morning at the Quarter store. Did the iPhone upgrade program at midnight and got an 8:30 am time. I will probably drive by tonight to see if anyone is camping out and post but I'll be there at 8 in the morning for the opening.

6. saaketh thread starter macrumors newbie

saaketh

So I went to the Santan store at about 5:45. Had about 50-60 people in front of me. It was pretty smooth. Employees came by around 7 and answered any questions. They had some coffee and snacks at the front of the line. At 8:15 they announced they were out of Verizon phones.

I got to the front of the line at about 8:45 and they gave me a reservation and asked me to come back at 2, because they had all the people who preordered and previously reserved a device come in and they didn’t have staff to handle us and them at the same time. I still waited around and they gave me my phone by around 9 AM!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---

Also, it didn’t seem like they were gonna run out of stock anytime soon, but I’m not sure.

7. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

So they had Verizon phones later in the day or no?

8. saaketh thread starter macrumors newbie

saaketh

I don’t think they did, but I left at 10AM and so don’t have any updates from later today.

9. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Roger that. Congratulations on the new phone!