iPhone X - Rockaway, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by automactic, Nov 1, 2017.

1. automactic macrumors member

Anyone planning to go to Rockaway mall Apple Store to try to get an iPhone X on Friday?

How crowded is this Apple Store comparing to neighboring stores like Short Hills and Willowbrook? How early will the mall let people in? Appreciate any one who has queued there on launch day before to share some info! :)

2. raq0915 macrumors member

raq0915

Im going! After reading several other threads about previous iPhone launches there, get there EARLY. People are saying that by 2-3am, theres already extremely large lines (300 people!!!!). I was planninng on going at midnight, but I might as well just go earlier. Gonna be a LOOOOONG night

3. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

Interesting. I live in Orlando but am up here during this time.. trying to decide if I want to go to willowbrook or Garden state plaza... You think theirs going to actually be 300 people by 2am?

4. automactic thread starter macrumors member

I have also read the mall will not let people in till maybe 6 am. So I might just get there early and see how long the line is, but not like 2-3 am. Hopefully I can see you there!

5. raq0915 macrumors member

raq0915

Honestly, I dont. But then again, Ive never been to the iPhone launches right at opening. I do expect a line, but I doubt there will be 300 people
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    Im going to go at the same time the store closes (I think 10am?). I have to ensure Im one of the first few people in line, not because I want to make sure I get the phone, but because I have a test at 9:30, so if I dont get out of there within 45 minutes, Im screwed

6. automactic thread starter macrumors member

But you have a test in the morning, shouldn't you be in bed and get a good night sleep?;)

I also need to be at work at 9am, but I guess I am more flexible than you.

7. raq0915 macrumors member

raq0915

Should I? Yes. Will I? No. Why? Because Im gonna fail this test no matter what, so the question becomes whether to fail it with an iPhone X, or fail it without an iPhone X.

8. automactic thread starter macrumors member

Haha, good luck on Friday, to both the phone and your test! :)

9. automactic thread starter macrumors member

Have you got there yet? I can’t sleep at all so I might go there in a bit

10. raq0915 macrumors member

raq0915

I got here at 8:30. Id say theres maybe a dozen or so people here

11. automactic thread starter macrumors member

Really? That’s so early man. I got here at 2:30am. Very glad I got here early