Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Shipping estimates for the iPhone X continue to improve, and in the United States, iPhone X models ordered today will arrive in just about a week.

Apple's online store in the U.S. is currently listing a delivery date of December 8 for all new iPhone X orders, meaning iPhone X orders will need to ship out in just a matter of days to meet that estimate.

iphonexdeliveryestimatesimproved-800x565.jpg

The new under a week shipping estimates follow improved 1 to 2 week shipping estimates that were introduced on November 22.

iPhone X shipping estimates have also improved in Canada and multiple countries in Europe, while estimates are beginning to improve in Asia Pacific countries. The Canadian online store lists a shipping estimate of five business days, for example, while European stores list delivery dates of December 11. In Australia, New Zealand, and other countries, shipping estimates range from several days to two weeks.

Over the course of the last month, Apple has been significantly ramping up production in order to meet demand for the iPhone X, and as a result, we've seen shipping estimates that have improved drastically since the iPhone X first launched.

Following the October 27 pre-orders for the iPhone X, shipping estimates were as high as 5 to 6 weeks, but Apple has been able to improve supply earlier than expected. Initial rumors suggested the iPhone X would be heavily constrained and in short supply until well into the new year, but given the improvements we're seeing, Apple will likely reach supply/demand balance in the near future.

In addition to improving stock for online orders, Apple has also been shipping out iPhone X pre-orders more quickly than expected. Customers who initially had December order dates have been receiving their devices throughout November, and Apple retail stores have also been receiving regular shipments.

Back at the beginning of November, Apple CEO Tim Cook said Apple was working to ramp up iPhone X production week by week to get the new smartphone out to customers "as soon as possible."

According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the improved iPhone X shipping estimates are indeed due to better-than-expected improvements in production rather than a lack of demand for the new device.

Article Link: iPhone X Shipping Estimates Improve to Under One Week in United States

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
As to the folks "waiting" for the unlocked iPhones - not clear on what you are waiting on. If you pay full price you are shipped an unlocked version. I purchased the Verizon version as it has both the GSM and CDMA bandwidths. I pop either an AT&T or Verixon Simm into it and I am good to go. The explanation I received from Apple is that all their phones are unlocked - the carrier locks them when you purchase via a subsidized financing arrangement.

jcsuzeta

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2015
Ordered a 256gb in silver from Apple on 11/24 and it’s scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I’m super excited because my original window was 12/8-12/15.

iisdan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
I ordered Oct 29th and still processing... probably won't see it till Christmas while people ordering right now will get it this week.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
I ordered November 4. It shipped early, but got hung up somewhere in China. I’m expecting delivery tomorrow. Unfortunately I am on an overnight auto train heading away from home. :(

I left a pre-sign form on my front door. I hope to find it waiting for me when I get home Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greyland

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2017
Eugene OR
My wife and I ordered a pair of 256GB Space Gray iPhone X's from Verizon on 11/26/17 (last Sunday). They are currently 2 hours away in Portland OR waiting to be delivered tomorrow (Friday).

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
10th year anniversary phone, new design, this should be a sellout. Just check the history, iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 Plus. iPad, 1, 2 all availability were months when first released..
None of those were announced simultaneously with another phone. They reduced demand for the challenging new technologies in the iPhone X by releasing the iPhone 8.

As others have said, we’ll find out soon enough whether this was a winning strategy for Apple. If they (and you) lose bragging rights for the iPhone X being bigger than Instant Pot, but still report impressive iPhone profits, i doubt they’ll lose any sleep.

My iPhone arrives soon (and my Instant Pot was already delivered), so I’m pretty happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.