iPhone X Slow Wifi Issue

tcdav26

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
Yarmouthport, MA
Hey all!

Not sure if this is in the right spot, and I saw some others on here talk about this, but since getting my iPhone X, i noticed slow to sluggish wifi. At first i thought it was a hardware issue, but a few people I've talked to are having the same issue. I attached two screenshots; one is my iPhone X and the other is my wife's iPhone 5s; both connected to the same wifi. Does anyone have an idea if this is hardware? Software? not sure what to do. i tried some of the usual quick fixes, but to no help. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just uploaded a third image with an even lower download speed, same spot in the house.

IMG_4483.PNG IMG_0030.PNG

Attachments

Last edited:

bobby_kes

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2015
same problem for me. my 6s nad wifes 8plus and laptop getting 45mbps on wifi
but iphone X only getting 15mbps near wifi router and in distance can't browse .
Is this iphone x hardware problem or s/w??

radicalcentrist

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2008
Portland, OR
My wife has this problem, and I don't. The only difference I can figure out is that she restored from her 7+, and I set mine up as a new phone.

Hey all!

Not sure if this is in the right spot, and I saw some others on here talk about this, but since getting my iPhone X, i noticed slow to sluggish wifi. At first i thought it was a hardware issue, but a few people I've talked to are having the same issue. I attached two screenshots; one is my iPhone X and the other is my wife's iPhone 5s; both connected to the same wifi. Does anyone have an idea if this is hardware? Software? not sure what to do. i tried some of the usual quick fixes, but to no help. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just uploaded a third image with an even lower download speed, same spot in the house.

View attachment 750189 View attachment 750190

atton

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2016
London, UK
I had a similar issue where my 5Ghz WiFi wouldn’t go past 60mbps (so same speed as my 2.4Ghz). Way I solved this, along with a couple other glitches (WiFi disconnecting when the X was locked and apps dropping off the RAM after a very short period) was by fully wiping my phone and restoring from iCloud. All isues gone and my WiFi is blazing fast. Hope this helps.

C15871DA-9D63-48B5-989E-91A469029F6D.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.