iPhone X Slow Wifi Issue

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by tcdav26, Feb 6, 2018.

1. tcdav26, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018

tcdav26 macrumors member

tcdav26

Hey all!

Not sure if this is in the right spot, and I saw some others on here talk about this, but since getting my iPhone X, i noticed slow to sluggish wifi. At first i thought it was a hardware issue, but a few people I've talked to are having the same issue. I attached two screenshots; one is my iPhone X and the other is my wife's iPhone 5s; both connected to the same wifi. Does anyone have an idea if this is hardware? Software? not sure what to do. i tried some of the usual quick fixes, but to no help. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just uploaded a third image with an even lower download speed, same spot in the house.

IMG_4483.PNG IMG_0030.PNG

Attached Files:

2. kenshinhimura macrumors member

I had the same issue as well on iphone x with ios 11.3 beta 2.

3. tcdav26 thread starter macrumors member

tcdav26

Any luck on a fix?

4. Gaelic83 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. I hit the " Reset Wireless Setting" And all is well. Settings>General>Reset> Reset network settings. GOOD LUCK

5. kenshinhimura macrumors member

6. bobby_kes macrumors newbie

bobby_kes

same problem for me. my 6s nad wifes 8plus and laptop getting 45mbps on wifi
    but iphone X only getting 15mbps near wifi router and in distance can't browse .
    Is this iphone x hardware problem or s/w??

7. radicalcentrist macrumors member

My wife has this problem, and I don't. The only difference I can figure out is that she restored from her 7+, and I set mine up as a new phone.

8. atton macrumors regular

atton

I had a similar issue where my 5Ghz WiFi wouldn’t go past 60mbps (so same speed as my 2.4Ghz). Way I solved this, along with a couple other glitches (WiFi disconnecting when the X was locked and apps dropping off the RAM after a very short period) was by fully wiping my phone and restoring from iCloud. All isues gone and my WiFi is blazing fast. Hope this helps.

C15871DA-9D63-48B5-989E-91A469029F6D.png