iPhone X sold on eBay for C $10,100.00 (approx. £5,976.54)

ssrij

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Yeah, somehow I don't think that anyone's actually paying that.
It's a sold listing i.e someone actually paid for it. When something is sold, it ends up as a sold listing when you do an Advanced Search on eBay, and also the price appears in green in the search results, inducing it's sold

Last edited:

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Hehe wait till buyer reports didn’t get phone and stop payment.anyone with that much to waste on phone needs to be sent to Puerto Rico for six months to help.

Let’s get seller on here in month see if they didn’t just loose grand on phone they will never get back, nor the money. That kind of deal needs a face to face cash transaction at local police station. Then after money is checked, I will believe it.

IT’s on the internet so must be true............right :confused:

hydro94530

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2015
It does if the price appears in green in the search results. At least that's what I have read online.
Oh the green just means it was a successful auction whereas red either had no bids or didn’t meet the reserve price. Auction style listings also don’t require immediate payment. But you could be totally right though and if so, that buyer is crazy.

Edit: Also just noticed that this seller has a late November ship date too lol. Not even a launch day phone.
[doublepost=1509250613][/doublepost]
View attachment 728714
Buyer history is non-existent. good luck to the seller getting that payment lol.
Yeah I guarantee they aren’t paying. Whenever you see a crazy auction like that and the buyer has zero feedback it’s usully a scam. They’ll probably either never pay or pay and once it ships, try and charge back.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
green just means it was a successful auction whereas red either had no bids or didn’t meet the reserve price. Auction style listings also don’t require immediate payment.
This.

Also, common sense dictates there is zero reason to pay this much when other listings are going for far FAR less. I know, I know, paying more than retail already pushes the boundaries of common sense, but really, let's think criticlaly for a minute. This is way far beyond the "going rate".

DJosche

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2017
THATS gonna hurt when the buyer returns it 30 days later as an open box iPhone 30 days after launch ooff

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Lot of misinformation here. Just because something had a winning bid or Buy It Now in NO WAY means it was or will get actually paid for. Those are 2 very separate processes. I've been on ebay since the beginning but I did not look this one up. New Apple products stir up lots of craziness and attention.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Lot of misinformation here. Just because something had a winning bid or Buy It Now in NO WAY means it was or will get actually paid for. Those are 2 very separate processes. I've been on ebay since the beginning but I did not look this one up. New Apple products stir up lots of craziness and attention.
Yeah, I stopped using EBay to sell stuff cause of the amount of times I’ve been burnt by ppl who don’t pay. It’ll change and say sold. But then the buyer doesn’t pay. After that you have to give them like a week from the final date it sold to give them enough time to pay. And then you can report it to eBay that they didn’t pay. To much of a hassle.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
Yeah, somehow I don't think that anyone's actually paying that.
It started at $1C, the owner of the "promise to ship," which is what is being sold, must be wetting themselves.

Since it started at a reasonable price, there's nothing to indicate this couldn't be legitimate. But I digress. $10K is stupid crazy.

Last edited:

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Probably his mate bidding to give the illusion of interest hoping a real bidder would snipe it at the last minute.

Reactions: ABC5S

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
It started at $1C, the owner of the "promise to ship," which is what is being sold, must be wetting themselves.

Since is started at a reasonable price, there's nothing to indicate this couldn't be legitimate. But I digress. $10K is stupid crazy.
I sure that’s probably all real, but I’m saying that the seller will not actually receive that payment from the “buyer”. Someone was probably messing with him or her. Why would anyone pay that when there are lots of people selling it for far less?