iPhone X - Virginia Beach/Norfolk

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Saralee1323, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Saralee1323, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. BravesAndBeers macrumors newbie

BravesAndBeers

I’m planning on MacArthur. I’ve never gone to either for a release, and MacArthur is definitely not helping with planning. Going by today to see if they even know where the line starts.

3. Saralee1323 thread starter macrumors member

I thought about Macaurthur. I live between the two places. I was wondering about parking there though. How long can you park there? Let me know how things are there. I was going to check on lynnhaven today but open to switch locations. When are you thinking about lining up?

4. BravesAndBeers macrumors newbie

BravesAndBeers

Well, I just called and they are being super relaxed about the whole thing. They said they "won't have a line outside the mall" or a designated area for people to get in, which seems unfair and annoying. Parking is like $2 per hour or something up until 6pm so that's a bummer. I might wait to hear how Lynnhaven will be from you and maybe just go there. MacArthur also said they "don't know" if they will have phones or not. Idk how I feel about that...

5. Saralee1323 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, what the heck. That’s super ambiguous! I’ll be going this afternoon to checkout Lynnhaven. Right after lunch. I’ll see what they say and report back. How could an Apple store not be getting any phones, that sounds so odd.

6. BravesAndBeers macrumors newbie

BravesAndBeers

Yeah I agree! Apple said "Stores will have phones on launch day", so I find it weird that they seemed like they wouldn't have any. I'll recon a bit more the Apple Store and Mall Security at MacArthur on my lunch and let you know my findings as well.

7. Saralee1323 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, sounds like a plan!

8. potentmf macrumors regular

potentmf

The MacArthur Mall Genius' are rude so I'm not surprised. May be better off hitting up Lynnhaven, at least you won't have to worry about paying for parking.

9. Saralee1323 thread starter macrumors member

Good to know. Are you going to line up? What time is everyone thinking about going?

10. BravesAndBeers macrumors newbie

BravesAndBeers

Both the Apple Store and Security at MacArthur were zero help on lunch today. Still told the same thing, that they won’t have a line outside of the mall and the mall opens at 7am. They both said their will be a designated door at 7am but they don’t know which.

I’d go to Lynnhaven if I were you. I’ll have to stick to MacArthur because my preorder is there for pickup at 9am. We are still waiting early to try and get my wife a walk-in though.

11. potentmf macrumors regular

potentmf

I pre ordered, but I'm heavily considering it. Mine is not due to arrive until the 16-24th.

12. BravesAndBeers macrumors newbie

BravesAndBeers

Anyone ever been to a MacArthur Mall iPhone launch? Any ideas which door will be the designated one?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    I pre-ordered for pickup tomorrow, but my wife pre-ordered and had issues, so she got a delivery date of December 5-11th. So we are trying to go early to get her a phone as well.

Is there generally 2 different lines for people picking up and walk-ins?

13. potentmf macrumors regular

potentmf

I've never been to an iPhone launch, so I have no clue. I'd imagine there would be two lines just to get through the crowd quicker. That way they can do a count so people wouldn't be standing in line for nothing.

14. BravesAndBeers macrumors newbie

BravesAndBeers

Makes sense. I saw videos from MacArthur on YouTube during the iPhone 4 launch (when standing in lines was way more intense). They had 2 lines then.

15. Saralee1323 thread starter macrumors member

That would be nice. Just so you know and don’t waste hours. I’m wondering how crazy it will be for people to get the phone. I’m going to leave now to check out lynnhaven. I’ll update later.

16. potentmf macrumors regular

potentmf

reading from a previous thread, the Lynnhaven Apple Launch entrance was from the parking deck, where the carousel used to be (I think by the Gamestop and Verizon)

17. BravesAndBeers macrumors newbie

BravesAndBeers

I just did the exact same, actually. Nothing about MacArthur entrances at all though. :/ You guys will have to let me know how Lynnhaven is.

18. crisswithnoh macrumors newbie

Just curious...is everyone on here because they preordered and want to be the first to pick up or is this thread for us unlucky folks who didn’t get one on preorder night.

19. Saralee1323 thread starter macrumors member

I didn’t pre-order. I tried but lost my place in line when I didn’t get approved for apple upgrade. Rookie move. Ugh I’m trying to get two phones. By the way making sure does Anyone know if you can buy two phones per person. I’ll have to go for my husband and I.

20. crisswithnoh macrumors newbie

Just got back from Lynnhaven. They also gave us the, “we don’t know if we’ll actually get any phone other than the in store preorders this year.”

21. BravesAndBeers macrumors newbie

BravesAndBeers

I am kind of a mix between the two. I got a phone with a pickup time of 9am tomorrow, but my wife's preorder messed up so she has a 5-6 week wait. We are going early so she can try to get a walk-in phone instead of waiting the 5-6 weeks.
    I read somewhere that you have to have SOMEONE else with you if you are buying 2 phones. I don't think it has to be the intended owner of the phone though. I'm only like 75% sure on that though.
    Well I saw another direct quote from Apple today saying the stores WILL have phones for walk-in customers. It could go both ways. *sighs*

22. potentmf, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

potentmf macrumors regular

potentmf

I'm a pre order, think I'll sit this one out. I was contemplating taking off but I think I'll just wait two weeks. Especially since the malls don't want to tell people their plans, you'd think they'd want people to not run all over the place in the wee hours of the morning.
    WTF, I'm beginning to think this is deliberate. Why would corporate Apple say there will be phones, but the stores say they don't know? They could save a lot of people's time and gas by just saying yes or no. Has there been a time that there were no phones for walk ins?

23. crisswithnoh macrumors newbie

At the end of the day Apple doesn’t care. Whether or not they officially announce they have phone or not they will still sell out in minutes by anyone who walks in asking for one. They don’t need us to stand in line to sell them.

24. Saralee1323 thread starter macrumors member

So just spoke to one of the guys at Apple. Super nice! Lynnhaven. He said they will have them, not sure how many though. He was super nice. I’m going to try there for sure! No one in line yet like I’ve seen online, so I’ll probably just go super early in the morning.

25. BravesAndBeers macrumors newbie

BravesAndBeers

Sounds good! Keep us updated on when you arrive and people in line, etc. I’ll do the same! No one in line at MacArthur either.