iPhone X?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFanBoii, Aug 5, 2013.

1. AppleFanBoii macrumors regular

AppleFanBoii

Hey!

So I was browsing T-Mobile UK store, to set up my phone as the iPhone 5 on the databse for them, when I came across this...

[​IMG]

So whats an iPhone X??!

----------

Its gone from the website now... How odd.

2. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

3. Superman80 macrumors regular

You may want to blank out your phone number from the top corner.

4. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Would be a shame if thats a placeholder for the iPhone 5C - 8GB storage would be a HUGE mistake IMO.

Really hope 2013 is the year we bump up storage (I say this every year lol). 16 GB for the 5 and 5C, 32/64 for the 5S.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL! Awesome.

It is indeed looking like a placeholder, not the name of the newest iPhone.

6. cynics macrumors G3

I think apple would rather sell their cloud services yearly then a one time fee for more internal storage.

7. AppleFanBoii thread starter macrumors regular

AppleFanBoii

It just caught my eye thats all! And with it now gone, it seems even more of a mystery! But I 100% agree, 8GB is terrible, perhaps they are keeping the 4S as well?! or moving the iPhone 5 down to 8GB.

Oh and I'm not worried about my phone number up there, that number is changing to tomorrow! But thanks for pointing it out!

8. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I don't see the two as mutually exclusive. Internal storage is more about apps than anything - apps are becoming more robust, games are more complex. I don't have any video or music on my iPhone and am already past 16 GB.

As cameras get better, pictures will take more space as well.

I think its all about a cost/value proposition. Apple can offer 32 GB without taking much (if any) of a hit to their margins given the decline in memory prices. At the same time, they have a chance to be one of two major OEMs to offer 32 GB as the baseline storage option on their flagship (HTC being the other).

It also makes the 64 GB more affordable and many who would never have spent the $299 (on contract) for the 32GB now look at the 64GB and say "That could very well be worth it".

Just my opinion. I think there's a higher probability we see the same storage breakdowns, but it would behoove Apple to move more quickly on this.

It also has the effect of eliminating a third option from their flagship line and consolidating manufacturing for that line, which I would assume would drive down costs for them.

9. Kidder1994 macrumors regular

i think.... that placeholder is not for iPhone 5c or 5s... its for new iPhone 5 model with only 8 gb storage, just like happened with the iPhone 4 some time ago... coz if u remember the iPhone 5c will come in variety of colors, not just black and white, and the 5S is impossible to come with 8GB so forget that point....