Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TreRep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Venice, ITALY
For the 2019 iPhone XR, while Apple will be moving to a dual-camera setup, it is unclear if the company will be introducing a telephoto shooter or an ultra-wide angle sensor.

Given the popularity of ultra-wide angle shooters, my bet is that Apple will end up going with it instead of a telephoto sensor as some rumors have claimed.

What do you think?

:apple:

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
They are greedy. So what they would offer is the Xs camera in the Xr which means telephoto.

You find it greedy for apple to include a secondary camera?

That’s strange.

Aren’t telephone lenses more expensive then ultra wide angle lens?

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2017
They might replace 2x zoom with software since most Android phone can do that really really good (Pixels 3 and Huawei P30 Pro).

So I think Xr 2019 will come with ultra wide instead of telephoto.

And for iPhone 11 they might replace 2x zoom with 3x.

infamousnxtAir

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2017
Europe
You find it greedy for apple to include a secondary camera?

That’s strange.

Aren’t telephone lenses more expensive then ultra wide angle lens?

What I meant is that they are going to use the old camera module from Xs (for example) instead of wide angle. The new replacements for Xs and Max will be with 3 camera modules most likely - regular, telephoto and wide angle.

We will see. Either way, I am not upgrading my Xs Max.

TreRep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Venice, ITALY
For the 2019 iPhone XR, while Apple will be moving to a dual-camera setup, it is unclear if the company will be introducing a telephoto shooter or an ultra-wide angle sensor.

Given the popularity of ultra-wide angle shooters, my bet is that Apple will end up going with it instead of a telephoto sensor as some rumors have claimed.

What do you think?

:apple:
I was right :D

Reactions: Adelphos33

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
I would have rathered telephoto to be honest, the lack of it feels like a step down from my 8+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.