Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2019
Do you have scratches on the stainless steel (with the iphone leather case, because the bottom is exposed)
And is the plastic in front between the glass and the stainless steel scratch susceptible?

i be rocking the leather case since november 2019. i do not have any problems at all, i just want to know your experience with it.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
No issues using the Apple leather case on my X for over two years... The exposed stainless on the bottom definitely has potential for damage but I use a wireless charger 98% of the time so I don't plug a cable in very often and have no visible damage around the port..

Reactions: hewastl286

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Do you have scratches on the stainless steel (with the iphone leather case, because the bottom is exposed)
And is the plastic in front between the glass and the stainless steel scratch susceptible?

i be rocking the leather case since november 2019. i do not have any problems at all, i just want to know your experience with it.

I get a few hairline scratches that accumulate after 6 months or so. I then just polish that portion and it's like new again. I think I'm gonna miss that aspect of the stainless steel band when it goes away later this year mostly likely.

Reactions: hewastl286

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2019
i also use an apple leather case but i am afraid that the bottom will scratch...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.