Iphone3g will not sync music/videos/apps with new IMac! URGETNT HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jaiden1998, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jaiden1998 macrumors newbie

Ok so i had a Hp computer but i recently got new IMac and i deleted my profile on my HP but now my iPhone 3g WILL sync contacts messages settings but NOT music/ video/ apps Why is this Please help me!!!!

2. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

because your phone will be tied to the itunes library on your HP, it will not sync those on your iMac.

3. jaiden1998 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

well how do i 'untie' it from the hp but I've deleted the profile'

4. Kewlstewieguy macrumors newbie

1 Run the iTunes program on your computer, and connect the iPhone to your computer through the mobile phone's USB cable.

Click the name of the iPhone in the side bar on the left side of iTunes, and click "Manually manage music and videos."

Click the "Apply" button to save your new synchronization preferences, and click the "Info" tab in the main iTunes window.

Uncheck the box next to "Sync Address Book contacts," and the box next to "Sync selected Mail accounts." Uncheck the box next to "Sync iCal calendars," and click the "Photos" tab at the top of the iTunes window.

Uncheck the box next to "Sync Photos from" to disable automatic photo synchronization.

Click "Apply" in the lower-right corner of iTunes to save the changes. Click the "Eject" button next to the name of your iPhone to manually disconnect it from the computer.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

How does this fix the problem?

6. Kewlstewieguy macrumors newbie

Do this for the old computer the "hp"

7. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

There is not much you can do from here now, you will have to sync afresh, selecting playlists and videos from your new library on your imac.
    If you've deleted the profile from the windows machine, then the itunes library is probably blasted.