Iphone3G: Will the CORP FAN Discount Finally work on the new rates?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dammit Cubs, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I would get 17% from the CORP FAN DISCOUNT. which would help offset the bogus pricing.

I hope so.....

Does anyone know?

2. mtfield macrumors 6502

yes at&t announce today that the iphone would be subject to company discounts! I was incredibly happy to see that as well

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to check how much you get off with a corp. discount.

My dad works for KLA-Tencor and all I know is that we do get a corp. discount from AT&T, but I don't know how much.

4. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

if all's true and you can use it, it would bring the plan back down to previous pricing for me. i'd be more tempted to upgrade

5. Corbet macrumors member

Source please?

6. mtfield macrumors 6502

I'm very sorry but with all the stories that were listed on all the rumor sites today I was unable to recall where I saw it... but the information was in a at&t email that was sent to retailers talking about how the whole set up to launch will be and how they will be sold and activated.. in that email it says that FAN (Corporate) discounts would be supported on iPhone 3G but not on the 2G model. I'm sure the information will be listed on the at&t site soon, but I promise the source was legit as was the email. I'm very excited for discounts finally getting to be put to use.. it will even out the increased fees nicely :rolleyes:

7. Corbet macrumors member

If this is true I may decide on a iPhone 3G after all. 17% discount doesn't sound like much but every bit helps when it comes to AT&T raping me with charges.

Also, does anyone know how I got about finding out if my employer provides a discount with AT&T? I know they have deals set up with Verizon and Sprint. I work for a pretty big company that has hospitals in the Toledo Ohio area.

8. mtfield macrumors 6502

Go on your companies website and it should somewhere have a link to discounts. Once you find that there will be a walkthrough with how to set it up. For me i just had to enter my email and they confirmed it was associated with their discount program and it was set up on my account (it takes 2 billing cycles to take effect though fyi)

9. xmxpro macrumors newbie

50% Fan

Hello All,
    I have a question regarding our fan accts. I get 50% off of any handset and 15% off of service. The prior Iphone we got no discount, although I have heard we will get a discount with the 3g, although i have heard from a a few sources that it will not be the same 50%. The Iphone will have special pricing that will be linked to your FAN. Does anyone know about this, or if the FAN discount is 50% for all phones then it should be the same on the 3g?

10. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

The AT&T memo that has been posted here says you don't get the discount on the phone but you do get the 15% off on the monthly servcie now.

11. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

12. Cool6324 macrumors member

The leaked document states:
    Source BoyGeniusReport

Source (http://www.wireless.att.com/b2b/content/download/Updated_business_guide.pdf)

Those two things should clear things up as far as terminology. It looks like discounts will be allowed. Hopefully someone reads this and doesn't make another thread.

No other information is known at this time

Some key terms for search
    fan, 3g, iphone, discount, iru, cru

13. beansy macrumors newbie

My company's 20% discount will definitely help mitigate the monthly cost. Not that it really matters, I'd pay full price regardless. Now if only we didn't have to wait another month...

14. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

i get an 8% FAN discount on the data plan, bringing it 'down' to $27/mo.

any way to increase the discount? what determines it?

15. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

How much your company spends with AT&T for wireless phone service.

16. joekun macrumors regular

My company's website says "15% off your monthly bill", but if I go to the AT&T site through the link and select a family plan it says the discount is only good on the first line (not the $9.99 for the additional line). This makes me wonder if the discount will extend to the data plan on the first line (I don't intend to have data on the second line, but I would be curious about that too).

17. xmxpro macrumors newbie

Device

I called today and as a senior level executive at my firm I would get 50% off of the device. According to AT&T business we are getting a discount on the service, not the device! This may change in our FAN account as we get closer to 7/11.

Anyone know more details or a insider email???

18. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

19. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

If you read the Boy Genius report linked above it mentions no discounts will be offered on the phone. I don't expect this policy to change. They did it on other phones in the past as well. I remember I had to pay full price when the RAZR first came out in 04 even though my FAN dictated I would receive a 50% discount on phones and accessories.

20. xmxpro macrumors newbie

I heard from the At&t rep and they will send pricing email for the device in the end of June. It looks like they will offer discount, but not the typical 50%.

21. guru_ck macrumors 6502

What if I have a family plan and one line is a 2G iPhone and one is a 3G iPhone. Will I still be eligible to receive a discount?

I heard that if you are a member of Costco that there is a certain percentage that you can save each month. Does anyone know what that is?

22. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

That would be nice. I also wonder if I could weasel my way into a 1 year contract. Technically it's required by my FAN ....

23. xmxpro macrumors newbie

The fine print is "new line of service." Since I am over my contract date, I could close my acct. and start a new line, non issue. That being said, I just bought a new BB for my wife and got that for free and it was a added line. I think it depends on what you have noted on your acct. and the person at the location. my advice is to wait until things cool down before you rush into the store to get a phone. They will be so overloaded, the reps will have no time to even look at your FAN, since all new Iphones must be active when you leave. that will add 20-30 min extra per person.
    I did heard that each location will get 50 8 gig and 50 16 gigs, so limited.
    If you get any details please post.

24. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I hope I get my 15% state employee discount. That means our two iPhones on family talk that are currently $127 a month combined would only be $133 a month after discount with 3G iPhones (that's accounting $5 each for the 200 SMS too!).

25. worldwearyeyes macrumors regular

this is just great news. hello 22% discount, making my 3G bill a tad less than my current one (despite the $10 data increase and $5 text increase)!