iPhone4s or the Samsung galaxy sii epic touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSurfHi, Mar 31, 2012.

1. iSurfHi macrumors regular

iSurfHi

Wirelessly posted

Hi there Im not sure what phone I should get is Tue iPhone 4s have a lot of problems or is it because it runs on 3gnetwork? I'm not sure what phone to get.

2. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

What will you be using it for? Calls and texts only or a mobile entertainment device?

3. kaielement macrumors 65816

Nothing to do with 3G or 4G other then speed. Right now 4G is not as wide spred as 3G. I have friends who have 4G and say they hit a lot of spots where the phone drops to 3G. So i would wait a few years until the 4G networks are more wide spread. That being said it really comes to screen size and os. If you need bigger screen and have no problem dealing with android and all the bugs and kinks it has then by all means go Glaxy. That being said if screen is not an issue then go 4s because I think that iOS 5 is a lot better more stable user friendly better saceruty the list could go on and on. I personally don't like bigger phones because at some point they become so big I feel I might as well carry a tablet with me every where. I like my phones to be portable and be able to slip in and out of my pocket easily as I am a man and don't carry a peruse. But like I said if you haven't tried either os I would say go to an apple store try out the iPhone ask tons of questions and then go to a place that sells the Galaxy and ask tons of questions. Also asking your friends what type of phone they have and what they do and do not like is helpful. In the end it really comes down to iOS or android. Hope this helps in some way...........

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Samsung Galaxy sii epic touch

With a name like that, who can resist not buying it

5. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

I have both the 4s and the S2 here in front of me actually, also have a Note. Which one you should get depends on what you are using it for.

6. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I have both and they're equally good! I personally prefer using the 4S, but would have a hard time recommending one over the other to someone else!

Play with both, and not just for 5 minutes! Especially if you haven't used Android, you'll need to invest sometime to warm up to it.

Finally, like others have stated, it all depends on what you expect from the device. I'm assuming you're on Sprint [ The Slow Network ] , so don't just fall for their 4G marketing, unless you're one of the lucky ones right smack in the middle of their 4G coverage area!

7. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Since you are in to Samsung, its best to wait for Samsung Galaxy S3

8. iSurfHi thread starter macrumors regular

iSurfHi

Wirelessly posted

Thank you so much for all the advice. Yes I have had the first iPhone and the 3 gs and for the past 2 yes the HTC evo. However I love apple. I'm still deciding and I just bought the ipad3 and I love it.

9. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

If he can wait for the Galaxy S III, maybe he can wait for the "NEW iPHONE" or the "BRAND NEW iPHONE" after that. :D

10. upbraid macrumors member

4s. the s2 has terrible line out quality and the cpu is overrated.

11. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4S. Much better support in my opinion.

But on an unrelated note, Samsung Galaxy S 2 Epic 4G Touch. That's a mouthful.

12. SporkLover macrumors 6502

Personally I believe Samsung is a terrible Android manufacturer. They are the slowest to roll out updates, and a past few generations of hardware have had issues that Samsung has seemingly not been able to or slow to address (look up GPS issues for Samsung Galaxy, or Airplane mode bug on Samsung Moment).

I would personally choose a HTC or Moto (in that order) if I bought another android phone.

13. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I absolutely LOVE my Samsung Galaxy S2 [ Sprint ], but yes I agree that they've been ultra slow with updates and fixes!

My first Android was the HTC EVO and it was a fantastic device for it's time, and a game changer with that 4.3" screen! Also, HTC Sense overlay is amazing! However, HTCs [ owned the Evo 3D also ] are heavy and the build quality isn't that great either!

The Motorola Razr Maxx [ Verizon ] is one hell of a device!!

Personally, if I were buying an Android today it would be one of these [ in no specific order of preference ]

1) Samsung Galaxy S2 or Note
    2) Motorola Razr Maxx
    3) Nexus S

If one can wait, the Samsung Galaxy S3!!

The Samsungs may be made of plastic, but they're rock solid and do not feel cheap at all !! Plus, that screen is amazing!! :D

14. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

+1

Wait for Galaxy S III or the 'new iPhone'

15. cynics macrumors G3

I somewhat agree with this. I love their phones but I'm not a big fan of touchwiz or the rate they roll out OS updates.

16. Sunsean macrumors 6502

I actually just switched from 3+ years on Android and a Galaxy s2 (most recent phone) to ios and the iphone. And I actually am using the original iphone 4, no s. As others have said, it really comes down to preference. Since you have experience with both platforms, it should be relatively easy for you to decide which ecosystem you prefer. For me, I've been a mac user at home for a long time, but I've also been a t-mobile customer for a long time, so I've been using Android. But the itch to go ios finally broke me and I am jumping ship at t-mobile and using the iphone 4 on straight talk (and saving $50/month while I'm at it).

Anyway - for me, the s2 screen size was almost too big. I wouldn't mind something a little bigger than the iphone, but I'm in the camp of believing that a phone shouldn't be TOO big; it is, after all, still a phone and should be a compact pocket-size device. So many times, I would have to awkwardly shift the s2 in my hand to try to reach a key on the other side of the phone. One-handed use was a challenge at times (ymmv depending on use and hand size). Also another things that drove me crazy with the s2: the soft hardware buttons below the screen. I would CONSTANTLY hit the back or home buttons while typing without meaning to. Started to drive me crazy.

Hardware aside, the major difference is ios vs android. For me, I was tired of Android, which worked well but always seemed a little glitchy - so far, I'm very happy with ios and how well it integrates with my mac at home. Also, LOVE having garageband on the go!!!!! (one of my personal BIG reasons for switching).