IPhone4s release questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ptruong31, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ptruong31 macrumors member

Alright, so here's the deal. I'm jumping from T-mobile to Sprint in january when my contract ends. Please don't tell me to go to AT&T instead because I hate their customer service. I'm going to buy an IPhone4s on Sprint.

I dont believe in waiting for the next best phone (especially the IPhone) because if you wait...you might as well wait forever for the next best thing.

My question is...when the Iphone4s was released...did Apple sell the Iphone4s (locked) outright? Or did you HAVE to purchase it on contract?

I ask because I want an Iphone now..but if the next generation Iphone is super awesome, I will want to sell my 4S and purchase the next generation outright.

I know Sprint won't activate an unlocked Iphone..but what if it was a Sprint Iphone(whatever the next gen will be).

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

In the uk iPhone 4 taken out on a contract are network locked however I can buy the handset from apple as factory unlocked at full price.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, you could purchase a Sprint one, anywhere, at full price and they'll activate it.

I've purchased used Sprint phones on EBay and used them, as long as the ESN is clean, they don't care.

4. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Got my 4S unlocked from apple, costs a pretty penny, but you'll get most of it back during a sale in a year, so i'm happy.

Usually you can only buy it locked in store, and if you want it without contract you always need to go through apple store even if you have an apple store next to your door you need to order in advance (one day) and pick it up the day after.

5. ptruong31, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

ptruong31 thread starter macrumors member