iphone5, 6.0.2JB, installed poof and hid several apps, but cannot search in spotlight

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mekinex, Jul 8, 2013.

1. mekinex macrumors newbie

iphone5, 6.0.2JB, installed poof and hid several apps, but cannot search in spotlight,while i could did in iphone4.Help.

2. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Same thing here. Hidden apps don't show up in Spotlight searches. I always just thought that's how it was supposed to work.

3. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

You probably had the iPhone 4 on a lower firmware version than iOS 6. On earlier firmware versions apps hidden by poof would show in spotlight searches. They do not under iOS 6 though.

4. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

anything can i do to improve, i tried spotbright, but it always crashes springboard to safe mode.

5. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

or is it completely confirmed that nothing can be done to fix in iOS6?

6. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Do you have SBSettings installed? If not, install it. I believe it can find hidden apps and unhide them.

8. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your advice.

But it still doesn't work.

I used sbsetting to hide itself or any other apps, they are still cannot be shown in spotlight.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

10. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

yes,that's effective, thanks a lot.

Are there any other solution that I can search hidden apps in spotlight directly, just like install spotbright or any other plug-in?

11. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

12. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks to you all, it seems i have to give up.

13. iHelios macrumors member

I hide apps using infiniboard and they still show in spotlight searches.

14. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

should i purchase the full version so that i can use the hide function?

15. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

There is only one version of infiniboard, the full paid version. Also, I don't believe that the poster who uses infiniboard has his apps hidden in the same way that poof does. As far as I know, infiniboard does not have this function and just allows you to have vertical scrolling/pages on your springboard. They probably mean that they put their apps that they want to hide on a page that you have to scroll to vertically and since people don't think to do this the apps are essentially hidden. Since they are not hidden from springboard entirely they can be found with spotlight search. If you are fine with that then it would seem to be a good option for you.

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If OP is looking for a free solution, what I do is just throw all the apps I want to "hide" into a folder and just never open that folder. Sure, it does take up one space on the springboard, but I've found it easy to ignore an extra folder from among the many that I have.

17. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

If all the OP is trying to do is hide the apps from their direct view, wishes to find them via spotlight search, and wants a free solution then this would be the only way to go. If they are trying to hide the apps from anyone other than themself and still want to be able to find the apps via spotlight, I don't think that there is a way, at least not in iOS 6. I only brought up infiniboard because some other poster did and the OP seemed to think that that tweak had a hide function for apps.

18. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

what about spotbright? Introduction shows it is a solution. But it always crashes my springboard to safe mode. What's the problem?

19. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Spotbright came out back when we were on iOS 3, and doesn't appear to have been updated to work in iOS 6.

20. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks a lot, it seems i should wait the updated version.

21. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

It most likely won't be updated for iOS 6. It is currently on version 0.3. That version was released in 2009. The developer has not updated the app in four years. It likely is abandoned.

22. mekinex thread starter macrumors newbie

what a pity. are there any replacement? maybe other users have the same needs.