iPhone5 "Action Required" order issues thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sgt93, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

There is a thread for everything else, so this is for those of us having issues with orders.

I ordered at 0201 central time via the iPhone store app and have a PO Box (I live a half mile from the post office so they will not deliver mail). I changed my address in the Apple store and it still says "awaiting action" and "action required, please call" which I have.....3 times. The Apple custmer service says its a glitch and my phone will still be shipped on the 21st, however; I am getting skeptical with others watching their tracking status (yes I have tried FedEx and UPS tracking several times, nothing). Looks like it is time to call Apple back.

2. Kenya macrumors regular

Kenya

I ordered at 0014 using the iPhone app and received an email about 7 hours later telling me to call Apple. I receiveed another email for the same issue while I was on the phone with Apple! My issue was AT&T somehow reached back to 2007 and got an address I used when I first signed up with the original iPhone. I corrected the address with the CSR and he assured me it wouldn't affect my 09/21 delivery. I checked UPS last night and couldn't see anything. I checked again just now, using my home number, and my phone is sitting in Nashville.

I hope you get a positive resolution soon!

3. Sgt93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Wow, good news for you. I still have hope! :)

4. M87 macrumors 65816

I got an action required email midnight last night. It said my Verizon account was past due, which it isn't and never has been. Called Verizon and they confirmed that my account is fine and also told me the last time they gave any info to Apple about my account was when I pre-ordered the phone on the 14th and there were no problems at that time. Talked to apple and they couldn't see any problems with my order or any reason why my phone wouldn't arrive on the 21st as planned. Apple basically said it was probably a glitch and not to worry about it.

5. Sgt93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Sounds like a similar glitch, I am still worried since people are tracking and I have not seen light at the end of the tunnel. I'm going to wait until the afternoon before calling again. Hope your situation works out.

6. Kenya macrumors regular

Kenya

Yes, you should have hope! Not everyone is able to track yet. I couldn't track as of midnight last night but now I can five hours later. Does your status show "prepping to ship"? Mine still does.

ETA: Check https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do to see if your phone shows up there.

7. Sgt93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

I don't see it in there. Thanks for the link though.

8. Kenya macrumors regular

Kenya

9. Sgt93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

My thoughts exactly. Thank you for the assistance.

10. Kenya macrumors regular

Kenya

11. iregret macrumors 6502

I have exactly the same issue. Apple wouldn't let me chance my address from my AT&T mailing address. I got the "Action" email. I updated the mailing address 2 days ago. It's still showing action required.

I clicked on the support link and it's not showing up there. I've called apple and they said everything is fine.

I'm a little concerned because everyone is getting shipping updates and I've got nothing. I ordered at 12:01.

12. Sgt93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Thank you, I will.

----------

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I spoke with a buddy who went through this with the 4S order and said he never received shipping info and it just showed up on delivery day. I don't think my heart can handle that LOL.

13. Sgt93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Just got of the phone with Apple. Essentially what happened is that Apple had to confirm with AT&T that it was ok to drop my "PO Box" from my address for shipping, even though I made the change myself online. I am now "preparing for shipping" :D

Thanks all for the help.:)

14. Kenya macrumors regular

Kenya

15. Sgt93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Can't wait:D I am just glad it's actually coming haha.

16. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Same thing here. Never past due.

17. rfischman macrumors newbie

I also got an action required email about a past due balance with verizon early this morning. Called Apply, they show that the order is still preparing to ship, that the credit card authorization is current, etc.. Verizon confirmed that I'm not, and never have been past due.

Apple claims it was a mistake in the system, they are investigating, and that I will get my iPhone on 9/21..

Still no tracking information and still nothing found when I try to track by reference with UPS or FedEx. Has anyone who's gotten this action required email actually seen tracking info?