iPhone5 screen unseating from unibody?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Intarweb, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Intarweb macrumors 6502a

There was a thread yesterday where a guy obviously bent his iPhone5. I called BS on it, like most others did. Today I saw a hair in between my clear case and my phone. I took the iPhone5 out of it, removed the hairs and went to go put it back in. As I put it back in I noticed the top left of the screen was out from the unibody. I don't know how thick the screen is but it looked like it could have been really close to coming completely out. I gently pushed it back into the unibody. It seems to be ok but seeing this is kinda scary. It's always in my front pocket with screen facing leg. No skinny jeans here either. I can press the top of the screen in a tiny bit, almost like I'm pressing it into a sponge as it pops back out. While the right side stayed in, that side pushes in also a tiny bit.

2. cababah macrumors 68000

Personally, I would replicate it and bring it back to exchange. It is only a matter of time before it loosens up and does it again. Do you have AppleCare +?

3. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Oh man.

From what I've seen the screen (top-side) is held into the frame by these clips. As we all know to remove you have to unscrew the bottom and use a suction cup/prying tool to pull the screen up and out.

Somehow your iPhone's screen might not have been clipped all the way? Do you think your phone is ever "flexed" in your pocket? Or when you removed the case you pushed down on the actual corner of the frame instead of the case when removing?

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Hate to ask this but is the phone still flat??

and of course pics or it didn't happen.... :D

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Yeah, pop it back out again and take a pic!

6. kalexn macrumors 6502

I'd be afraid to try to replicate as then you may make it worse. I would definitely watch for it though and if it happens again bring it right in and not push it in. As for the guy yesterday though, that looked like it blew up, haha. I doubt yours looked like that. :eek:

7. Intarweb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine seems flat. No different stress than any other iPhone I've had. I'm not popping it out again. Lol. I will watch it over the next couple days to see if it happens then I will take a picture.