iPhone6/6 Plus - Berkeley, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by KieranDotW, Sep 17, 2014.

1. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

Who's lining up and at what time? Went by today to scope out, there were already two people there dead set on being first -- apparently they came up empty-handed last year have learned their lesson. Any experienced Berkeley campers who can offer pointers?

2. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

i went to the berkeley verizon store on shattuck last year for the 5s. i planned on camping out, got there at 12 am and there was no one there. decided to go back to my apt and sleep, came back again at around 7am, and there were 3 ppl in front of me. store opened at 8 but i was 4th in line, along with my friends who were 5th and 6th. not sure how stock levels will be for the 6+, but if i were to do it again, I'd camp the verizon store probably. it seemed so much easier to get a 5s, i got a space grey, friends got 1 silver and 1 gold

3. RenoG macrumors 65816

4th street in Berkeley isn't as crazy as the Mall locations but still pretty long lines. Like the poster above I've never had issues getting my launch day phones from my carrier. I work in SF (financial district) where there are many stores in short distances from each other all with their own stock of launch phones. I've always been able to get my phone as there are no more than 20 people in front of each carrier store 30 min prior to opening. However if you go just 10min up the street to the big apple store their line is wrap all the way around the block. Crazy, its like the masses don't want to take chances with the carriers, good news for those who don't mind.