iPhone6 vs 6 Plus screen color difference.

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
For the peeps out there who have a 6 & 6plus on them, do you notice a difference in screen hue?

My 6 plus screen is "whiter" than my 6 which is more yellow / cream looking? :confused:

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Yep I notice it on my devices. Can't quite point out what the difference is but there is definitely a differece when you look at them side by side.

BuffordT

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
For the peeps out there who have a 6 & 6plus on them, do you notice a difference in screen hue?

My 6 plus screen is "whiter" than my 6 which is more yellow / cream looking? :confused:
Yep, yellow screens have been an issue since the iPhone 4. They are really ugly. It's not glue drying either. The yellower the screen the more blurry they appear somtimes also.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
iphone 6 is a little bluer but also has a zagg hd screen protector.
They are very close to one another.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
No, I isn't a yellow screen issue for me. But they differentiate. I will take a screenshot later and post it.
Screenshots won't show a color in screen color differences lol. That's a software function trying to capture a hardware defect.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2009
I think the 6 Plus either has a better diffusion panel or a stronger backlight. If you are looking at a white background on the iPhone 6, there is noticeable yellowing at the top of the phone because it is distant from the backlight. The 6 Plus does not have this gradient.

But to be fair, I've noticed this same issue on every previous iPhone as well.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I think the 6 Plus either has a better diffusion panel or a stronger backlight. If you are looking at a white background on the iPhone 6, there is noticeable yellowing at the top of the phone because it is distant from the backlight. The 6 Plus does not have this gradient.

But to be fair, I've noticed this same issue on every previous iPhone as well.

The 6+ has it too. Went to an Apple Store yesterday and glanced at some of the display units. Not all of them but a lot of them. So many variations of screens this round.

The 6 I had before my 6+ had a really nice display (with the exception of the 3 hot pixels).

From the way it sounds, the 6+ seems to be more consistent when it comes to the screens. Most likely because there are fewer made and all coming from the same batch/factory (F2/FK).

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
iPhone6 vs 6 Plus screen color difference.

My Plus is from the FK factory and it has an amazing flawless BLUE (bright white) screen.

----------

From what I seen in this board, I notice the people complaining are people with iphone 6 regular.

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
How do you tell where your iPhone came from?

My Plus is from the FK factory and it has an amazing flawless BLUE (bright white) screen.

----------

From what I seen in this board, I notice the people complaining are people with iphone 6 regular.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
What is the yellow screens caused by?
Foxconn workers are treated badly. They don't get breaks so when they really have to go to the bathroom, they just have to pee right where they're at and sometimes a little of that gets on the screens as they are being assembled.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Who cares. And blue screens are awful. Give me a yellower screen, it will act as Flux :D

Apple fanboy

macrumors Westmere
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Not a screenshot. I meant a picture of both screens.
Won't really help either. Everybody looking at them online, will have a different colour temperature/hue on their device.
Colour management is not rocket science. No two screens will be identical without calibration. Even after calibration, they will drift at different rates.
Your eyes get used to a certain look, so when a screen you are used to gets calibrated, your brain tells you its wrong.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Won't really help either. Everybody looking at them online, will have a different colour temperature/hue on their device.
Colour management is not rocket science. No two screens will be identical without calibration. Even after calibration, they will drift at different rates.
Your eyes get used to a certain look, so when a screen you are used to gets calibrated, your brain tells you its wrong.
Correct. Panel variance has been there, and will continue to be there. No two iPhones will look alike in this regard. That's why it's best to NEVER put two iPhones next to each other, as it can do your head in.

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
Foxconn workers are treated badly. They don't get breaks so when they really have to go to the bathroom, they just have to pee right where they're at and sometimes a little of that gets on the screens as they are being assembled.
Oh! That explains it!! Thanks!

:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.