Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iomar

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
hey that pool thing really is amazing.... i like it a lot :)

OK, let me look at it. I have been ignoring it for a while and I never understood why people liked it. I thought it was just a pool, what is the big deal. It is not a software or something useful, but now I have to try to see what it is.

scalenine

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2007
An iPhone App I'd Love to See

These are all really great apps. And useful. One app I'd like to see for the iphone is one that used the iphone camera to read bar codes and then pull up information. If that was possible, you could do things like:

- Scan a bar code on an item and get nutritional information, definitions of what those 26 letter ingredients are, etc.

- Scan a product and get reviews, price comparisons, place to purchase, etc.

Then, if they could get some text recognition you could take a picture of a business card and have the iphone recognize the text and add the info into your address card. Possible? Probably not. Would be super cool though.

Ok... One last thing. Cover flow for contacts.

That's all.

Bahwinkle

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
Houston
I noticed the Dwight Silverman column in the HOUSTON CHRONICLE critiqued the iPhone after using it for a month. He is no longer impressed. Will you be covering his critique?

One of the things he finds objectionable is more AT&T's fault than Apple. Something about Edge vs wi-fi. (I've been upset with AT&T since it divested in the 80's.)

He is the PC columnists for the Chronicle, though he has admitted he likes some Apple products.

Other than that, I'm now very curious about the pool. I wonder if it will ice over during the winter months.

LOL

Yankees 4 Life

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
College Station, Tx
I noticed the Dwight Silverman column in the HOUSTON CHRONICLE critiqued the iPhone after using it for a month. He is no longer impressed. Will you be covering his critique?

One of the things he finds objectionable is more AT&T's fault than Apple. Something about Edge vs wi-fi. (I've been upset with AT&T since it divested in the 80's.)

He is the PC columnists for the Chronicle, though he has admitted he likes some Apple products.

Other than that, I'm now very curious about the pool. I wonder if it will ice over during the winter months.

LOL

hahahaha that would be off the chain if it iced over. Also, Silverman also said that the iphone was the best phone he had ever used three days after he got it. I think it's because he's an old man he finds it difficult.

Maui

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2007
I hadn't seen any of those apps, so thanks for posting them. I actually like the cheapest gas one, although I agree GPS in a future phone (or at least the ability to synch with a GPS device) would be huge.

avah12

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2004
Another App Idea

Anyone know of an iPhone application that has all the daily newspaper comics. I know there are sites with RSS feeds, but it would be nice to have an iPhone interface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.