iPhones and Photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OMGwtfBBQwings, Jul 21, 2012.

1. OMGwtfBBQwings macrumors regular

Hello all :)

I want to ask fellow macrumourers who are using windows how they import their photos from camera roll onto their laptop or PC?

i can copy and paste them individually but they have have weird named folders such as 842GGLUF etc and its hard to keep track of where new photos are.

so is there any software that could automate this process for me? i know drop box do something similar but they store in the cloud and the quality of the pictures are degraded.

i just want a easy way to copy from iPhone to PC.

thanks

Attached Files:

2. OMGwtfBBQwings thread starter macrumors regular

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Depending on the settings you have for AutoRun, you should be receiving a popup when you connect the phone to the computer. This popup would give you choices as to what to do with content the computer recognizes, one being pictures, such as that with a digital camera. From there you can elect to import the pictures to the computer.

If AutoRun is not configured this way and you do not receive the popup, you can go into Control Panel and reconfigure it, or you can just go into Computer as you show in your screenshot, and instead of copying and pasting the folders, or dragging the folders to your computer, right-click on the iPhone icon. That will bring up a sub-menu and one of the choices is Import. Select that and Windows will import the photos from the phone to the computer.