Iphone's Tethering only works with ipad-nothing else.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by borgqueenx, Oct 8, 2013.

1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

I have a iphone 5s, and want to use the personal hotspot function for sharing its 3g/4g connection.
    However, it only seems to be working with my ipad. I connect the ipad to my iphone's hotspot wifi network and boom i can browse the web on my ipad.
    On other devices i try to connect they all show they are connected to my iphone, but cant see a active internet connection. Ive tried numerous windows and android devices they all report desame. My iphone reports successful connections as well- it just doesnt want to share internet to them it seems...

How do i fix this? I want to use the hotspot on my windows pc as well! (Through wifi not usb)

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Tethering has worked just fine for me from my iPhone to my HP Touchpad running Android 4.0.

Of course, I don't use that much any more, and it could be a pain at times. My iPad Mini does it more quickly and reliably, though.

3. T4R06 macrumors 65816

Go to settings personal hotspot and turn on. At this moment do not exit! Go to your device and find your iphone. As soon as you connect your device now you can hit home button

4. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

Didnt do anything with iphone after enabling tethering. I leave it on the screen of hotspot and dont touch anything.

5. Lyshen macrumors 6502

Since it's related to networking, you can try reset network settings, see if that helps.

Keep in mind it will delete any wifi you've connected to and the associated passwords.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

yea im able to tether my ipad and acer netbook without issue.