iPhoto 1.0.1?

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Chris writes in a user submitted email:

Apple iPhoto 1.0.1 is expecting to be released sometime in March, The new update will add choosing what pictures to download from a Digital Camera and more digital photo editing features.

As with all unverfied info, be wary... but it corresponds with a Mac OS Rumors blurb on the same topic:

In an imminent update of iPhoto an old "image capture"-feature will be released - choosing which images to import, which is a really big deal to many!

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
Features..

While they're at it, why not add a feature which automatically searches out your jpgs and gifs like iTunes does the first time you launch it.. granted, most of us had pics buried all over the place and its a major pain to have to sub directory by subdirectory manually show iPhoto where to find them all..

graydecember

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
how about a help guide that will at least tell you what you CAN'T do- iphoto seems like it will be really fantastic, but as of now it seems only half finished

OSeXy!

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2002
London (or virtually here)
Originally posted by krossfyter
hmm an ipod update! well well well.
I thought the same thing. But I still can't believe Apple will start making digital cameras again...

<<EDIT>>

Sorry, perhaps we were at cross-purposes, krossfyter, since I see you have removed your original post. Thought you were putting the Apple digital camera rumour (updated iPod with still image/streaming image capture) together with the rumoured new feature for iPhoto.

You would obviously need to be able to select which image(s) to download from your iPod's 10GB HD...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I agree with u guys...

it would have been cool if it had searched out the hard drive (s) for images to import immediately...

and I think there should be a better user's guide to the thing....pdf....u know how it works....

bmull

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2001
iPhoto 1.0.1

Maybe I'm missing this, if I am, let me know.

iPhoto also needs a button in the slide show preferences that allows you to advance the show manually.

Again, if I missed it, let me know.

sjs

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2002
GA
On the subject of improvements for iPhoto, I downloaded PixelNHance from Caffeine Software for editing and it works great for me. Its free, very simple and it integrates with iPhoto so when you double-click on the image in iPhoto it automatically opens PixelNHance. You can edit color, tones, saturation, brightness, etc with an ease that is very Apple-like. And its OS X.

http://www.caffeinesoft.com[/URL]

sjs

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2002
GA
PS A lot of you that post are pros and have great hardware and software. I'm just a recent PC convert (3months) and I think iPhoto and other digital hub apps are fabulous. And free, too. I can't believe the stuff I can do.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by krossfyter
i agree about photo...but did you see that ipod report....hmmm...
I'm assuming if this is true....we'll be seeing those new 10 or 20 gig hd's in them soon....he he he... :p

macfreek57

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
i thought the same exact thing the first time i messed with iPhoto (though i still don't have a camera!) - it should be able to search your hard drive to find all of your present jpg's and the like.

by the way, what is bmull talking about?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: krossfyter

Originally posted by bmull
Maybe I'm missing this, if I am, let me know.

iPhoto also needs a button in the slide show preferences that allows you to advance the show manually.

Again, if I missed it, let me know.
this...

bmull

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2001
What don't you understand about my posting?

I thought I was pretty clear. In iPhoto, you can view a slide show with your pictures, and you can select how many seconds your picture stays on the screen before advancing to the next. I would like an option to turn of the automatic advance.

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
I still would like to know if iPhoto, when you rotate images with it--and it resaves them, if it saves them without recompressing the image data. This is possible w/ JPEG, but not sure Apple is taking advante of it.

Otherwise it would seem that thousands of rotations would end up giving us a hazy blob instead of the orig. photo!

blakespot