Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GregA

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2003
Sydney Australia
Hi,
My parents have ordered the iMac 20". (Murphy's Law suggests that iMac G5s should arrive just after it's delivered!).

Anyway, my father uses Adobe Photo Album on his PC laptop. They want to share photos between... well... between the Mac and PC really.

I don't know if iPhoto and Adobe Photo Album talk, but I doubt it. Adobe also doesn't have a version for Apple (they do have Adobe Photo Elements for editing pictures).

If anyone has any advice before I plunge into trying to make this work somehow... that would be great :)

[edit] - even a totally different Photo management program?

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Greg,

iPhoto on your parents new iMac will do essentially the same job as Adobe Album on their pc laptop. You're right, the two programs don't play together, but there is really no need. You'll be able someway to transfer the picture files, whatever format they are, and see them on both machines. Home network, cd's, card reader, etc.

Have fun with the new iMac. It will spoil you to using the pc laptop, or at least any pc laptop I've ever tried.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.