iPhoto asked for new album name and deleted all the past pictures!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akeikas, Oct 10, 2010.

1. akeikas macrumors newbie

so when i opened iPhoto to import pics from my iPhone, it asked "new album name" which it NEVER has asked me before. i just went along with it, thinking i might of have pressed something?

then WHAM. new iPhoto. COMPLETELY wiped out of the past pics...

anyone know whats going on and can possibly help me retrieve the past photos? :/

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I'm guessing it had a problem finding the previous library, because that is the message it gives when it cannot find one. It doesn't overwrite your old library it just creates a new one. So wherever your old was, it is likely still there. If it was on a network drive, maybe it is still there.

You can get this prompt if you hold down option while booting the application.

3. akeikas thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry for not replying sooner, :( i totally forgot i posted this on here and JUST came back.

i think i am in love with you. it WORKED. omgggg. im so happy!!! thank you SOOOOOO much!!! :D now i just have to figure out how to merge my new album to the old...but i think i can. but really, big, BIG thanks!!!

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

If you want to be notified via email of when a topic you posted to has been updated there's a global option under MacRumors: Forums User CP in the Messaging & Notification section Default Thread Subscription Mode that you can find here: http://forums.macrumors.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Also if you just want to follow a thread that you haven't posted in you can use the option under Thread Tools in the blue bar at the top of a thread to Subscribe to this Thread.

And lastly iPhoto Library Manager can merge iPhoto Libraries.