iphoto- can't retrieve photos in album-may have lost photos of daughter's birth!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by j9dons, Jul 1, 2009.

1. j9dons macrumors newbie

My husband attempted to create an album in iphoto w/ the photos of our daughter's birth, and now when we open the album, it's empty! Have we lost or pics forever? Any advice is appreciated!

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Have you looked in the trash? If they're not there, I hope you can remember the file name. You might be able to do a Spotlight search and see if you can find them there. Also look on the camera you took them on. Hope this helps!

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

An "album" just references pictures from the "Library". So click on the left menu bar under "Library". Either Events, or Photos. Your photos should be there.

Also, I would take this opportunity to back up your images to a DVD drive, and possibly go out and get an external hard drive. They aren't expensive, and you can plug it in and let Time Machine do the "work" of backing it up for you without you having to worry.

4. Vid macrumors member

I agree, make backups. If you don't backup your photos at some point in time you will lose them.