Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cslewis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
I am having some problems with importing photos with my digital camera. When I connect my camera, and tell iPhoto to import, nothing happens. The USB cable is still working ( I used it at my friend's house) and my camera, an Olympus C-3020 is supposed to be compatable with iPhoto. Has anyone had the same problem? Can you help me out?

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Does the camera need to be switched on/in a particular mode to allow it to work?

Does iPhoto tell you there are X number of photos on the camera, but not actually import them?

Questions questions!

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Have you tried Image Capture?

Have you tried accsesing the camera like a disk (via USB cable) and draggin gimages into iPhoto?

MarkDilley

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2003
new thread

but not sure how to post it.

Hello, I now have iphoto4 and it is not seeing most of my images. It knows they are there, but "can't find them."

Any ideas?

Best, Mark

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
MarkDilley said:
but not sure how to post it.

Hello, I now have iphoto4 and it is not seeing most of my images. It knows they are there, but "can't find them."

Any ideas?

Best, Mark

Did you just upgrade from an earlier version? Is it finding some images but not all?

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
First guy: You may have a particular setting you have to put your camera on before it will import. I used to have one that had to be set to "connect".

Threadjacker guy: You could drag you iPhoto pictures folder to the desktop, then trash your library. When you start iPhoto it will create a new library and you can import all your pictures.

The big question is why your pictures disappeared. Did you add them through iPhoto or did you just drag them into the iPhoto folder? It won't work if you drag them straight into the folders, but even when you do it right you get libraries that get corrupted once in a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.