iPLayer on BBC website

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CharlieCharlie, Feb 28, 2012.

1. CharlieCharlie macrumors newbie

Is anyone else having issues with the iplayer on the BBC website?

Up until last week have been listening to the radio via the website, as I have an iPhone 3G and so cannot use the iPlayer app.

Does anyone know if they have just stopped it working, or if there is some problem?

Thanks

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

theres an app for that lol have you tried the bbc iplayer app?

3. CharlieCharlie thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have the app as I only have an iPhone 3G and the iplayer app needs at least iOS 4.3 which isn't available to me

4. andyprit macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Both radio and tv work fine for me on the website, both over wifi and 3G. Is there any way you can better define the problem?

5. charliecc macrumors regular

It doesn't work on my wife's iPod Touch 2 either. Apparently the BBC are aware of it and are working on a fix, it's a very recent issue.

If you turn on the Safari debugger in development options you can see the issue when clicking on the Play link.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/apple_browser_iplayer

6. CharlieCharlie thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the page for the programme / radio show loads but when you click the play icon nothing happens, it just reloads that page.

Thanks for the suggestion about the debugger thing - how would I go about doing that?

Many thanks