Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeanTownBrawler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
I think I posted this in the wrong forums before:

I was just told that you are supposed to charge your ipod immedietly when you get if for a few hours to increase battery life. When I got it, the first thing I did was turn it on, look it over and then put on my songs. I then used it right away on low battery. Will this hurt my battery in the long run? Should I return it for a new one while I can?

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
BeanTownBrawler said:
I think I posted this in the wrong forums before:

I was just told that you are supposed to charge your ipod immedietly when you get if for a few hours to increase battery life. When I got it, the first thing I did was turn it on, look it over and then put on my songs. I then used it right away on low battery. Will this hurt my battery in the long run? Should I return it for a new one while I can?

No. Just charge it.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
All lot of "advice" gets thrown around and the words get all twisted. True it is a good idea to power it up when you first get it to get an accurate reading of the battery life, and true using your ipod until its dead over a period of time shortens the battery life.

Will not charging your ipod as soon as you take it out of the box kill your battery life so far as to 5 minutes of use a charge? No.

No worries, your fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.