iPod controls not working?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Irock619, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

So when I open control center my ipod controls do not work. When I listen to music I can only pause, play, next, etc etc in the ipod app, not control center or the controls on the lock screen. Can somebody please check this on their phone? Thanks!

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

Same problem here. I guess those controls are just for decoration in iOS 7.

3. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Wow what a bummer! Having to unlock the phone to change songs etc. etc. is very annoying. I think iOS 7 has the most bugs than any iOS software Apple has ever released :eek:

4. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

5. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

It works after a reset but only for a short period of time.

6. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Same thing happens to me. I find that restarting your phone fixes the issue. Every now and then it comes back but this is my temporary remedy

7. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Full restore as new from DFU.

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

There has got to be a better way to get the iPod controls working without wiping out all my data. I have never restored as new, except brief tests where I restored my data later. I might expect that kind of poor service from other phone models, but not the iPhone.
    If Apple wasn't ready to release iOS 7 they shouldn't have released it. A delay would be better than forcing some percentage of people to erase their devices.

9. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

This ^ I've never started fresh with a new iOS update. The problem is that iOS 7 is premature IMO.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

What's premature is assuming its IOS 7 and not some app or setting carried over that's the source.

What's the big deal with a DFU restore as new anyway? Backup the phone, change the name to avoid a backup overwrite, do the restore and test. You can then restore from your backup after testing.

The idea is to see if its the phone or something about your apps/config. If you see the same issue on a 100% fresh clean install then you know it's not "you"

If it was endemic to iOS7 there'd be a lot more posts about the problem. Since there aren't, that suggests either it's a very rare issue with iOS7 or is triggered by some app or config carryover.

11. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Didn't have this problem on iOS 6, that's how I know. There are a couple people in this thread with the same problem. Just because it's never been discussed before doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist. Issues start somewhere and it's forums like this one that exploit them.

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

I see. So since you and a couple other folks have the problem, you just "know" it's iOS7 and refuse to try basic diagnostics that might lead you to a fix if it indeed turns out to be some app that has a bug which became visible with iOS7.

Okay, your choice.

Reread the last sentence of my prior post. You either skipped it or misunderstood.

13. dave420 macrumors 65816

There are lots of threads about this problem, both here and other places. Maybe you haven't noticed them since it doesn't affect you and you are so quick to tell us to erase our phones to fix it.

14. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

iPod controls are native to iOS. It has nothing to do with any apps except maybe the music app, which again is native with iOS.

I suppose you think all the reports of iOS crashing in native apps like iTunes, music, safari, and App Store is because they didn't start fresh.

15. deeddawg macrumors 604

(and how to restore your backup so you're right where you started)

You're so quick to dismiss the possibility of 3rd party music apps somehow taking or not releasing the controls properly or maybe an app that taps into the bluetooth stack. I never said it wasn't iOS7, I suggested it might be some other interaction that you could possibly find a way to solve if it was perhaps an app you didn't truly need.

Guys, I offered a suggestion in a desire to help.

If you prefer to just sit here on the forum and complain instead of *doing* something to possibly validate/isolate the problem, that's your choice. Good luck with that.

16. dave420 macrumors 65816

Help is always appreciated. It could be an app that is messing things up, but if so that is an issue with iOS 7 since apps shouldn't break core functionality. And not only do the buttons on the screen don't work, but the bluetooth controls on my car radio don't control the music either. I have two different phones (4S and 5s) that have this issue. One I setup as new within the last three weeks. I've only installed 12 apps or so, so this issue seems to happen even with a pretty basic configuration.
    (I know I said I don't restore as new often, but I got my 4S replaced by Apple right before iOS 7 came out, and I haven't even restored my data yet)

17. m7ammed macrumors regular

I have the same issue on the iPad, but it hasn't happened since I updated to 7.0.2 or maybe I haven't listened to my music as much don't know.

18. Merkie macrumors 68020

Yeah, let's erase your computers hard drive as well when Notepad won't open.

19. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Well, when all else fails, yes, you would do a clean install. Why act like this is not a viable option? Immaturity? :rolleyes:

20. Merkie macrumors 68020

Because of the way you put it, like it's a small effort.

21. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

I realize it's not a small effort, as is reinstalling Windows, etc.