Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple4life

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Just saw this on Costco's homepage.

Apple iPod Mini
With Click Wheel and Dock Station
Up to 1,000 Songs
$269.99

Bundle Includes:
Apple iPod Armband, AC Adapter, Belt Clip, Earphones and 15 iTunes

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wonder if the Dock Station bit is a mistake? If it is, I'd go and pick it up if you wanted one anyway. Legally, they have to give you a dock.

Of course, even if a store made a mistake and I have a legal right to buy what they advertise if they have it in stock, normally I'd just let it go as it was a mistake. But if you don't mind pushing the fact that they advertised the product as including the Dock, you'll get it.

If it wasn't a mistake.....sweet! :cool:

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Am I missing something? All you get is an armband (way overpriced at $29.99 at the apple store) and 15 itunes (worth $14.85) for an extra $20. Sure, it's nice if you want the armband, but if not, you're actually paying more than at the apple store.

--D

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Dave00 said:
Am I missing something? All you get is an armband (way overpriced at $29.99 at the apple store) and 15 itunes (worth $14.85) for an extra $20. Sure, it's nice if you want the armband, but if not, you're actually paying more than at the apple store.

--D

They are also including the dock, and that is extra cost from Apple.

vkapoormd

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Well for all of you that are not regular Costco shoppers- here is the advantage of buying the ipod from them- it's clearly not the price, but the return policy is awesome; i have taken back a camera, TV's, scanner, printers, etc etc up to 5 years after i purchased them there-they don't give you any flack. So when the IPOD battery runs out after a year or two, you can just take it back, get your money back, and order a new one. So for those of you who are looking to get one, i would go there over the apple store.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
vkapoormd said:
Well for all of you that are not regular Costco shoppers- here is the advantage of buying the ipod from them- it's clearly not the price, but the return policy is awesome; i have taken back a camera, TV's, scanner, printers, etc etc up to 5 years after i purchased them there-they don't give you any flack. So when the IPOD battery runs out after a year or two, you can just take it back, get your money back, and order a new one. So for those of you who are looking to get one, i would go there over the apple store.

True story. I have taken back a few things to Costco over the years, TV, stereo, humidifier, among other things. It is amazing what they will allow you to return, no questions asked, and let you go pick a new one off the shelf to replace it. I will definitely get a Pink Mini for my wife at Costco instead of the Apple Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.