iPod music transfer??

MacDuff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2002
San Francisco
Hey, does anyone know or have figured out how to transfer mp3's out of your iPod onto your hard drive, or a disk, or burn it to a cd? I'm sure people have tried to figure this out. I can't even find where my mp3's are on my iPod. I have it in hard drive mode of course. Anyone?....anyone?..... Bueller?..... Bueller?:cool:

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
go to versiontracker and type in "ipod" you will find a program that lets you do what you want.

Comment

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>(Chaszmyr) go to versiontracker and type in "ipod" you will find a program that lets you do what you want.

I think the following program works best.

http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=15951&db=mac

It doesn't require any fancy playlists or anything. The program installs a few scripts under the iTunes scripts folder in your user Library.

To transfer a song from your iPod, after the installation process is complete, select the file, go to the new Script menu, and select
iPod tracks -> Desktop

You can do this for multiple files as well.

If you transfer the files to the iPod as a Hard Drive, I don't think the iPod can play those files by itself.

Comment

MacDuff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2002
San Francisco
That worked well

King Cobra,
That worked really well. I followed your advice to a tee. This seems to work much better than xPod because of multiple file transfers.

Thanks your Highness,
MacDuff:D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.