iPod Nano (7th Gen) - What a steaming pile of sh#t...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by komatsu, Jun 17, 2016.

1. komatsu macrumors 6502

Back Story
    =======

I owned a iPod Nano (5th Gen) for around 5 years and it was a fantastic little device. Reliable, easy-to-use and great battery life.

I recently bought an iPod Nano (7th Gen) and its been a disaster

Problems with the iPod Nano
    ---------------------------------

1) No camera - video recorder. Can't believe that Apple products detract features over time for the SAME
    price.

2) Diabolical Interface - With the central toggle button gone - you have rely on a very flakey touchscreen menu that is not all all accurate in song / podcast selection. The makes it very frustrating to use.

3) The FM radio on the iPod 5th Gen was powerful. It would even have greater reception and clarity than a
    Sony ICF-range radio - but alas the radio in the 7th gen iPod is cr@p. Static, fuzz and just general poor reception.

4) Battery life seems much worse compared to the 5th Gen iPod also.

Overall
    =====

A very poor effort by Apple. If this is what they are letting out of their design studios and factories it really
    will put the Apple brand on a downward trajectory.

2. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

3. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Welcome to late 2012 mate :)

The 5G nano was a great little iPod, and many of us were sad to see it replaced; however, such is life.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Meh.. I've had my 7th gen Nano since 2012 and it's served its purposes well. Perfect for working out..

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

3rd Gen was the best nano. Horizontal screen so no turning about. All metal. Centred dock connector. Great battery life.

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Look on the bright side, at least cook has not worked his magic and released an 8th generation that is even a further step backwards.

As you said, it's a step backwards, my favourite is actually the 6th generation due to the clip for working out , I need a silly case for the 6th.

7. MRxROBOT macrumors 6502

MRxROBOT

I'd prefer the 6th generation for it's small footprint but use the 7th generation because it's the only nano with bluetooth. :cool:

8. komatsu thread starter macrumors 6502

BTW, another extremely frustrating facet of the 7th gen Nano is the physical button lock feature has been
    removed which mean when you're running, cycling or just walking you can hear that
    "reeling fishing rod" sound in your ear as albums get involuntarily shifted through . Really. Really. Annoying.

Has the rot set in at Apple? Is Apple now going to take the same trajectory as Sony?