iPod on iPhone Continues Playing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Patti Jo, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Patti Jo macrumors newbie

New member here. *waves*

I found your forum by Googling this iPhone problem (see above). I saw a topic similar to this posted back in 2008. However, my issue may (or may not) be similar - and I didn't find a similar topic in forum with a more recent date.

I find that whenever my iPhone (3G) is shaken or gently moved, (or even sitting idle on my work desk, for that matter), the iPhone will simply start playing music, and if Im not attentive, continues to play until I find later that the battery is drained.

On occasion, I discover the music playing and I'm able to pause the music... but as time passes, it seems to start up again by itself (again either when gently moved or even not moved).
    ** I've checked main phone setting and definitely have "shake to shuffle" turned off.
    ** I've tried changing setting within iPod feature to select "no repeat" and tried "repeat once" and turned off "Shuffle"... all combinations to no positive result. The iPod music will resume playing. Argh. :(

:confused: Does anyone know how to stop my iPod on my 3G phone to stop randomly starting?
    Thanks
    Patti Jo

2. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

This may be a stupid question, but are you turning the app completely off when you close the ipod app? as in double tap the home button and hold on the icon until it shakes, and close it?

Or, have you tried a full restart? ie: hold power and home button down until the phone screen blacks out and the apple icon start up symbol happens?

WW