Ipod recovery error after trying to recover from redsn0w, now my ipod doesn't work.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Shnomoe, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Shnomoe macrumors newbie

So, jailbroke my ipod touch 2g with redsn0w last night, but it wasn't working great, so i tried to recover it in itunes. I clicked the recover button, and it went through all the mumbo jumbo, and then, right before itunes tells you, "your ipod will go into recovery mode" it said "error. Itunes can't complete recovery, or something like that." So now, my ipod is sitting there, i thought it was in recovery mode, but i don't know. the screen is just black, and itunes doesn't recognize it, and it wont turn on. Is there any way i can boot my ipod through my computer or something? I just don't know what the hell happened.

thanks in advance!
    shnomoe

2. Shnomoe thread starter macrumors newbie

by the way, when i try to execute rslite again it says it cant find an ipod in recov or DFU mode.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  4. Shnomoe thread starter macrumors newbie

heh, sorry but.. do you know of an OSX equivilant to that program?

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    there are quite a few i've seen. Just do a quick google search for ipod touch booter and it should come right up.

I was bored and found it for you though here

6. blackbelt534 macrumors regular

just put your ipod into DFU mode and restore it

7. goya1110 macrumors newbie

goya1110

i think i bricked my s***

i powered down my jb ipod, when i went to go turn it back on(it didnt of course). so i didnt panic, & went to reboot it the using the tethered method. it said something like"irecovery is not recognized as an internal or external, operable program or batch file":confused::confused::confused:USB device not recognized:confused::confused::confused:
    so plz be honest...AM I TOTALLY SCREWED OR WHAT?

8. goya1110 macrumors newbie

goya1110

ok...

...thanks to jmann4489, i was able to get my ipod up & running. Next problem... itunes is saying i have to reinstall device support package & itunes in order to sync. :mad:ive done this 5x with absolutely NO success:mad: anyone have a solution. thx

9. Shnomoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you tried just putting your ipod in DFU mode and recovering it with the original firmware?