iPod retail box Dimensions

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
To answer your question directly:

Yes, someone knows the dimensions of the iPod box. :D

Anticipation is a feeling one develops inside himself. Dec. 25 acts as a medicine to create a new anticipation: how to use the iPod. :p

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Well, it's small. I also noticed that it's rather rectangular and boxlike. 6 sides, all the corners have nice 90 degree angles.

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
I don't have one, but I remember seeing the iPods stacked behind the cash registers at the Apple Store. If I remember correctly, the boxes were not thin and rectangular like the iPod, but rather were almost a cube. Can someone who's bought an iPod recently verify this?

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Well, heres how you can check, give it a good shake, throw it down the stairs a few times, now if you hear a slight click when you shake it that is one of the hard drive platters that you have cracked. That means you have a(n) (now worthless) ipod.

On a serious note: It's a cube, about 6x6x6. I can't find my box right now, I'll keep looking and post again if I find it.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I think the anticipation gave him a heart attack LOL :p

Then, again, it may only be a pack of CD-Rs. :rolleyes: :D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
He must really be having a hard time catching his breath. He said he saw a box under the tree, so it must be a tall tree. How hard can it be to find a flight of stairs? :D

We have a 12 foot fake tree in our living room, which occupies stairways to another room. :D

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by King Cobra
He must really be having a hard time catching his breath. He said he saw a box under the tree, so it must be a tall tree. How hard can it be to find a flight of stairs? :D

We have a 12 foot fake tree in our living room, which occupies stairways to another room. :D
We have a 7 foot fake one :( I feel pale in comparisson, you ruined my day.:p

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
:)

The dimensions of the iPod box?
It's a cube, not that big, not that small.
And it just might possibly be something else so maybe you shouldn't keep your hopes up. :p
A lotta things look like the iPod box.

A 7 foot christmas tree! (moan)
Mine is a tiny one foot tall rosemary bush. :(

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: iPod retail box Dimensions

Originally posted by coopdog
There is a box under the tree, I think it might be an iPod. Does anyone know the dimensions of the box? Thanks! Happy X-mas!
ahahahahaha - this is priceless. :D

Maybe you could just take it to an Airport Terminal, police station, court house, etc. that has an x-ray machine.......

D

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Re: Re: iPod retail box Dimensions

Originally posted by dukestreet

ahahahahaha - this is priceless. :D

Maybe you could just take it to an Airport Terminal, police station, court house, etc. that has an x-ray machine.......

D
Yeah that's a good idea for everyone. You never know when someone might be wanting to off you and put a bomb under the Christmas Tree with care.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Re: Re: iPod retail box Dimensions

>(duke) ahahahahaha - this is priceless. :D

Wait! Where's the Hallmark card? :D

>(MacBandit) You never know when someone might be wanting to off you and put a bomb under the Christmas Tree with care.

The label:
"Handle with care
To: coopdog

coopdog

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 5, 2002
The Great Midwest
HaHa thats a good idea. Yea!!! it's an iPod 10gig. I'm uploading all my music now. It's funny how it has the "Don't steal music" sticker on the display. I love it!

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by yamadataro
Yeah, I just pulled out mine, and it's just a tiny bit smaller than 6x6x6.
Mmmmm iPod for a Xmas present is niiiice.

Hey, I've got a big long box under my tree. Does anybody know the dimensions of a cute Japanese girlfriend? That would be SUGOI nice :D
I hope it's an ipod, I have mine next to me here and it's a great machine.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
OMG!!!!! My little box under the christmas tree is a new Dual 1.25ghz Power Mac G4 with 4 hard drives, a SuperDrive and 2gb RAM!!!!! Plus a Cinema HD Display. Anyone willing to take it? I already have three. :p

yzeater

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2002
This is amazing. I got a fiver that my parents had suprisingly wrapped in a bigger box...so cool

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
And inside this cubic foot box at the deep end of a tree was paper and a smaller box, labeled Stuffit Deluxe. :D

I had a few of those today.

The iPod packaging was bare, except for the wrapping paper, last year. It was almost a perfect 1/8 cubic foot cube.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
Austin, TX
Originally posted by coopdog
HaHa thats a good idea. Yea!!! it's an iPod 10gig. I'm uploading all my music now. It's funny how it has the "Don't steal music" sticker on the display. I love it!
Wait a minute... You opened it on the 22nd... Shouldn't you have waited until Christmas day? I'm surprised Santa hasn't taken it away from you. (oh wait, he already has his own, with 980 christmas songs, 20 doobie brothers, and 1 sheryl crow... But that means it's only a 5 gig, so he could use your 10 gig!)

Oh well, have fun. I've got a 10gig iPod too... I love it. I love it good...