iPod Socks at Apple Store yet?

ebook

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Sprint Car Capital of the World
papersushi said:
Anyone know has iPod socks arrived at local Apple store yet? Thanks!
I'm not 100% certain, but I was looking at the Apple website and they have the socks shipping in December. Thus, I doubt they are there yet. I just hope they are around in time for Christmas, because they are a stocking stuffer that I want!

papersushi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2003
My iPod socks have been shipped yesterday, received FedEx tracking number from Apple. I ordered it on http://store.apple.com/ one day after its being released.

Can't wait to receive it, I guess not only my iPod, I can also put my digital camera in it to protect it from cold winter in California.

ebook

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Sprint Car Capital of the World
papersushi said:
My iPod socks have been shipped yesterday, received FedEx tracking number from Apple. I ordered it on http://store.apple.com/ one day after its being released.

Can't wait to receive it, I guess not only my iPod, I can also put my digital camera in it to protect it from cold winter in California.
papersushi did you get your socks yet? I would be interested to see some real life pictures of peoples socks...err...iPod socks that is!!! Let us know if you received them.

G-Prime

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
The store in Indianapolis, IN has the socks in stock. They look pretty nice, I may pick up a set of them this weekend if I have any money left.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Happy to post some pics.

I mainly got them for the "Apple Shrine" corner of my office with the old blueberry iMac and all my other Apple collectable stuff.

Yeah, I'm a little obsessed.

timsq

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2004
New Orleans
Mine shipped...

I'll have then on the 27th. They're stocking stuffers. Perfect for the winter iPod crowd. Something so simple, guerrilla, and festive. I almost don't think I'm getting ripped off!

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I was originally going to order them just as an item to put in my office, but since I've lost my Jam Jacket, they work really well - very cool idea, and the fun factor is worth 30.00.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Wano said:
do they protect the iPod real well from scratches?
Yea, that's kinda what I was wondering too. I mean I know they're "socks" and are therefore made out of a soft fabric, but if you were to put the iPod in and out a bunch of times really fast, like if it were getting shifted around in the sock, do you think it would scratch? (And I mean nothing bad by the in/out comment... You people are sick :p)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I think that the iPod sock looks very appealing. It will give the ability to be color coordinated with its owner. With this coming winter it will also allow your iPod to keep warm. :D

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
I got an iPod sock (yes, one, my friend bought them and we share them) yesterday and it's great! I love that I can still control the iPod through it, it's relatively protective, and it's stylish! Yesterday it was raining, and it was quite cold. I was surprised that my iPod was actually warm—usually my iPod is very cold, especially on the back. Not that my iPod needs to be warm.
-Chase

jbembe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Baltimore, MD
papersushi said:
Anyone know has iPod socks arrived at local Apple store yet? Thanks!
They had a nice pile of them at the Apple store in Chicago on Michigan Ave. when I visited this weekend. (COOL STORE!)

rstroud

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2004
jbembe said:
They had a nice pile of them at the Apple store in Chicago on Michigan Ave. when I visited this weekend. (COOL STORE!)
I know it, I was there this summer. The place is huge compared to the one in Indianapolis. Chicago is just a cool city!

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
Littleodie914 said:
(And I mean nothing bad by the in/out comment... You people are sick :p)
Hmm, I haven't seen one reply about that line :) Maybe you're the only one being 'sick' :p :rolleyes: (joking)

cu guys!