iPod socks now avaiable

jtgotsjets

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
Lawrence, KS
powermac666 said:
You know, these things will probably sell. Me, I think I'll stick with my Radtech Podsleevz.
I'm seriously considering buying some. They're pretty much exactly what I've wanted for an iPod case.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
i actually think they are pretty cool. i might get some when they become available in the uk!

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
Holy lurking lemurs! Does seem a bit pricey. But you do get 6. Or is it 6 pairs? Not sure why you would need pairs for an iPod. Expensive either way.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Inkmonkey said:
Holy lurking lemurs! Does seem a bit pricey. But you do get 6. Or is it 6 pairs? Not sure why you would need pairs for an iPod. Expensive either way.
Ahhh, he surfaces at last! ;)

Not pairs, six single socks of different colors. Great colors, but too pricey by at least half for my blood.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
powermac666 said:
Ahhh, he surfaces at last! ;)

Not pairs, six single socks of different colors. Great colors, but too pricey by at least half for my blood.
Great Testy Tamarins! It's good to be back. ;)

The price didn't sound as bad to me when someone said $5/each. Mind you the pack is $39 Canadian so that makes them $6.50 each for me.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
You know this screams STEVE! You know he came up with this, and knowing Apple, it will work, as many thing do. I'm planning to get a set, because they will look cool coming out of my pocket.

TEG

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Inkmonkey said:
Great Testy Tamarins! It's good to be back. ;)

The price didn't sound as bad to me when someone said $5/each. Mind you the pack is $39 Canadian so that makes them $6.50 each for me.
I have an iPod, as does my daughter. I plan on getting my wife a mini, either for Christmas or our anniversary. Between the three of us, it might almost be worthwhile. I guess I'll take a peek next time I'm at the Apple Store in Towson.

inkmonkey , we look forward to seeing how many variations you can come up with. I'm sure that someone somewhere (Macdawg??) is keeping a file on you...

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
powermac666 said:
I have an iPod, as does my daughter. I plan on getting my wife a mini, either for Christmas or our anniversary. Between the three of us, it might almost be worthwhile. I guess I'll take a peek next time I'm at the Apple Store in Towson.
Great Vexing Vervet Monkeys! They even offer an Education discount on them! Not sure why that struck me kinda funny.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
I can't believe they are actually making an eductional discount available. Madness! Although the iPod socks do look cool. I wonder if we'll be able to try them out in Apple Stores... :D
-Chase

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Yeah 5USD isn't too bad for a carrying case that is simple like this, but it's a lot like the little baggies you used to get free.

EDIT: Now that I see you can't buy a single sock for $5 I think we need to set up a insider sock trading. (sorry I just couldn't resist) Somebody needs to buy a pack and sell the colors s/he doesn't want in our marketplace.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I'd just pay the orginal price, not an edu of $26. I think this thread should be in software lol. Ok so I know, that was dumb, but when I think of hardware, I think of components.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Do you remeber how many people were saying 'He's joking - you're all stupid to fall for it. You guys are so sad.'

I hope YOU feel stupid now :p :D

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
Apple are actually pretty smart with these socks, I used to use an iSkin and it was always a nightmare with the horrible feeling rubber. You could never slide it into your pocket properly, it always got all kinds of muck stuck to it, the screen protector would always move around and it wouldn't protect the wheel. Since getting my foofpod I never use my iSkin, it is just so much easier and has protected my iPod just as well. So these socks use a similar idea, which must be insanely cheap for apple to make and they sell all the nice colours with the disgusting ones together so you have to fork out $30 for the lot.

So what seems like a good product as well as a funny announcement when Steve made it.