iPod stolen...in a restaurant...right out of my pocket...of my shirt!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by G5Unit, May 14, 2007.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Ok. I'm a little bit of a slump right now, I lost my mom's iPod nano, on mother's day. The wierd thing is the way I lost it. We were all in a restaurant, which was completely empty except for us, but still a very nice one. When we get up to leave I check to see if I still have the ipod, good, it's in my shirt pocket. I walk outside with my dad and sister and we talk, then my mom comes from the bathroom a few minutes later and we walk to the car. About 1 minute later we reach the outside of the car, and boom, no more iPod. I go back to the restaurant and we(me and the emplyees) search for about a half hour, all around the restaurant, on the porch, everywhere. Still no luck. We give the manager my number and we leave. It's been a day and still no word.

How could this have happend. The only thing I am unsure about is when I checked if I still had the ipod, it was wither when I got up from the table or about 15 minutes before. This was at Delirio's in in La Jolla, San Diego. Here is a picture of the front, it can be the only place, if I lost it and it wasn't stolen, that it could have been:

[​IMG]

If anyone can think of a logical idea to what happend please tell me, I've never lost anything before!

Attached Files:

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Sounds to me like you just dropped it. That really sucks.

3. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Oh and I forgot to add that I am 100 percent sure I did not once take it out at the restaurant.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmm, yeah, how loose is the shirt you were wearing? I have a hard time imagining any but the most skilled thieves taking something from inside a shirt pocket without you noticing it. Was anyone even close enough to you in the restaurant or bumped into you or anything that would have been a possible opportunity to do something like that?

5. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

That's what I was think but the only thing I can remember is a hand brushing up against my shirt, but I think it was my sisters, but hey, it could have been an employee.:confused:

The pocket of my shirt was a chest pocket, and the ipod was at least an inch down in there, with the headphones wrapped around it. I just really can't afford to buy her a new one, but I half to!

6. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

There's your problem right there. I never trust those pockets for exactly that reason.

7. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yup, those pockets aren't good for anything, just show. I remember putting mine in there while using my Nano, it fell out everytime I leaned over.

Are you sure you didn't lean over at some time and have it slip out? Maybe getting into you car, tying your shoe? I think that's the most logical answer.

8. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I relized it as gone right before i reached the car, so that can't be it. And I just tested my treo in my shirt pocket and it didn't fall out till i was pretty much at 160 degrees down, so that can't be it either. Plus the ipod had headphones wrapped around it, so that would have made it even harder for it to fall out.

9. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I lose almost everything that goes into that pocket. Never put valuables in there.

10. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

But the treo is bigger and heavier... I think that counts. Well anyways, don't put anything in that pocket again.

11. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Ok. I'm never putting ANYTHING in there again. Funny, I was listening to a song that went like this all day yesterday: "well you can't find nothin at allll, if there was nothing there all along." ironic huh.

12. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

That really sucks. :( I'm pretty sure it fell out. Trust me, I've had the iPod so deep in such a small pocket that I can see the outline of the click wheel, and it STILL falls out. Most likely it fell out on a step or something, but stuff falls out in parking lots too.

Although I suppose it could've been stolen, that doesn't seem too likely...

13. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I wish I could go back and check though, but that's in San Diego, and I'm in Orange County.

14. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Ouch.:( Sorry, I don't think there's much more you can do, other then hope the manager will find it.

15. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea pretty much.

G5 did you have your adress book in it? Then there might be a little more hope, if the person that found it is a good samaritan. Here's to hoping :)

16. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Put buttons on your shirt pockets.

Thats what I did. mr. iPod cant escape then. :D

17. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

No it was my moms, so I'm out of luck. Look's like I'm going to have to shell up 250 dollars.:(

The most it says it spatzl(moms nick name) ipod.

18. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

19. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Spatzl like Spätzle? Yum.

Call up the restaurant again today or tomorrow. It might still turn up. My iPod turned up at my gym whe I went back a week later :)

Sometimes an employee finds it and it takes a while to make it to lost and found at the main desk.

Goodluck.