iPod iPod stolen

nalery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
anybody knows if after some one steal an ipod they can still reconect to any computer and charger, I can't believed some one in the library steal my ipod from my bag.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
anybody knows if after some one steal an ipod they can still reconect to any computer and charger, I can't believed some one in the library steal my ipod from my bag.
Yes, they can. All they need to do is connect it up to a computer and synchronize it with their library. There's no restriction in that regard.

Sorry to hear yours got stolen.

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

i just had my 60 gig ipod stolen as well. those ffing b@stards. i have never stole in my life yet have been stolen from significantly value wise 3 times. makes me wonder why i shouldnt as there is no penalty whatsoever.....

Boulderer2001

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2007
The only thing you may be able to do is file it under your homeowners insurnace if the deductiable is not too high.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I read somewhere that (rumor) Apple are planning to put security protection on the iPod's in the future to prevent people from using it that don't own the device.

Think it was on Engadget, can't seem to find the article though.

Oct 31, 2005
I read somewhere that (rumor) Apple are planning to put security protection on the iPod's in the future to prevent people from using it that don't own the device.

Yup, the article explained that the iPod could be "locked" to certain chargers. So if someone stole your iPod, they could only use it until the battery died.

interlaced

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2005

I heard it on that Dateline report too.

nalery, sorry to hear about your ipod being stolen.