Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
The cover of the upcoming issue of Newsweek, dated July 26, 2004, will apparently feature Steve Jobs holding an iPod with this text:

Steve Jobs and The Must-Have Music Player Everyone Is Talking About
<strong>iPod, Therefore i Am</strong>

The cover can be seen at the MSNBC Newsweek site in medium and large sizes.

The issue should be shipping Sunday, on newstands Monday, and received by subscribers Tuesday.

tomponce

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Sweet

Looks pretty sweet. I might have to buy a new one soon. Although my original iPod from 11/2001 is still working flawlessly. Anyone else still using the original iPod?

appleface

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2003
West Texas
4th gen!

sweet. the next generation is here. apple must like the mini's navigation better. i don't see any fancy colors like thinksecret reported though. it looks apple is still keen on the white. so, when will apple make the announcement?

yuc7zhd2

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2003
I just sent my defective 20gb to apple for replacement friday. Think I'll get the new scroll wheel as replacement?

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
Hopefully Apple will get their act together with the iPod headphones this time.

Fingers crossed.
ps. Who cares about a colour wheel? Lets see some features* we can actually use

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
I like the white look. I noticed they took away the 4 buttons, though. Looks nice - I'm hoping for improved battery life and some sort of integration with wireless.

JOD8FY

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Sweet.

I had an iPod, but sold it because I just wasn't using it very much. If these new iPods are AirTunes capable, I just might have to buy one. That would be out of this world...if I could just carry the thing around with me, wirelessly streaming music to my stereo :)

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
Well there we have the 4th gen-- mini scroll wheel on marginally thinner ipod. No video, no wireless (probably). I've been enjoying my 3G I bought in April and I won't be too jealous about the new one UNLESS it gets better battery life. That would be great, of course, but I'd still be jealous.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
rosalindavenue said:
Well there we have the 4th gen-- mini scroll wheel on marginally thinner ipod. No video, no wireless (probably). I've been enjoying my 3G I bought in April and I won't be too jealous about the new one UNLESS it gets better battery life. That would be great, of course, but I'd still be jealous.

I do like the mini scroll wheel, and I also won't be looking at my 3G iPod and wishing for the new 4G. If the new ones are thinner, lighter, bigger hard drive, and has better battery life, then I'll be kinda jealous.

pkradd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2001
You dont screw around with a succesful product. The mini-style scroll wheel was a no-brainer. Apple has patents pending on it. MSNBC site doesn't have the story yet or even the cover as I can determine.

afields

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2004
Is this hidden in newsweeks website? How did you guys find this? Entertainment section?

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
tomponce said:
Looks pretty sweet. I might have to buy a new one soon. Although my original iPod from 11/2001 is still working flawlessly. Anyone else still using the original iPod?

i'm still using the original 5GB iPod (got it in May 02)...still getting 10 or so hours or battery life, which is why i haven't yet upgraded
:)

brn2prgrm

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2004
So I am guessing that, by combining all the rumors so far, the new iPod's will be announced Sunday/Monday, but they won't ship until mid-August, which is what the original rumor implied. Anyways, they look awesome!

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
The scroll wheel looks to be not a click wheel. Yes, it is set up like the minis. If you look closely you see the scroll wheel is built in not out like the click wheel. So, the looks of it it is touch sensitive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.