Ipod to Iphone PDF transfer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eelnitsud, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Eelnitsud macrumors newbie

I have a lot of important pdf's on my ipod touch that i want to transfer to my iphone4. This is seeming to be an impossible task. Why can i not just open in like a drive and copy the files. I have tried to figure it out by syncing and such through Itunes to no avail. Please if someone can offer a suggestion I would very much appreciate it.

Dustin

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Where are your PDFs on your iPod? Are they in iBooks? If so, I believe there's a way to sync them to your iPhone. If not, I'd imagine there's a better way than emailing them all to yourself however I'm not aware of it at the moment.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

This is going to be the key to getting a useful answer. "On my iPod" doesn't tell people much; what application are you using the PDFs with?

4. Eelnitsud thread starter macrumors newbie

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I just emailed myself a PDF file, opened it on my iPhone, and then selected "Open in iBooks". The PDF file is visible in iBooks on the iPhone now.

Then I went into iTunes, selected the iPhone, went to the Books tab, and made sure "Sync Books" is checked. I synced, and the PDF file showed up in iTunes.

Then I selected my iPad, went to the Books tab, made sure the PDF was selected, and synced the iPad.

The PDF is now accessible in the iBooks on my iPad.

Hope this helps!

6. wltg macrumors newbie

With PDF to EPUB Converter for Mac, you can read eBooks on:
    Apple iPad (using iBooks), iPhone and iPod Touch (using Lexcycle Stanza , Glider or iBooks on iOS 4.0+), Sony Reader, Android devices (using WordPlayer, FBReader, Aldiko), Barnes & Noble nook, Hanlin eReader, BeBook, Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus, iRex Digital Reader 800, 1000, PocketBook Reader, Ctaindia's eGriver Ebook Reader...

7. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I'm not sure how Touch's work, but if you in fact back it up to iTunes, all the PDFs will be in your iTunes Media folder under "Books".

Then, as mentioned above, ensure you have "sync all" under Books in iTunes when you sync your iPhone, and all should be good.

8. Eelnitsud thread starter macrumors newbie

those were both wrong answers please others try again

9. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

10. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

So the PDFs are in iBooks on your iPod Touch and seanfranklin's method didn't work? Hmm...back to the drawing board then...