iPod Touch 16Gb for £229 - Good price?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by veryvulgar, Nov 16, 2007.

1. veryvulgar macrumors newbie

Hi I was looking for an iPod Touch 16GB for an Xmas present. I had a look on Google and came to http://www.ipodtouchlocator.com that allows you to compare the prices, stock etc.

Does £259 sound a good price? Anyone know of any better? I see there is still a shortage of Touches!! Hope I can get one before Xma at a good price.

Dont want to order frm Amazon if possible, too many bad stories to tell!!

Thanks

2. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

I've had nothing but amazing success with amazon when ordering directly through amazon. I've ordered stuff from one or two of their "partners", but that makes me nervous.

I had a very expensive Sigma digital slr lens that wouldn't work right upon receipt. The following might have based on my previous sales, but they sent me a replacement, overnight and included a return shipping label to send the other one back.

I bought my imac from them and probably close to $10,000 worth of merchandise over the last couple of years and couldn't be happier with them.

C'mon, no tax and free shipping and still have competitive prices? No brainer.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ok I look at this post in envy now lol I had to pay 269 for mine lol so 229 for the 16gig version is deffinately a good price

4. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

229 is brilliant, 259 is ok, I got mine when I preordered for £245 with a discount code off the online apple store.

5. chall5 macrumors regular

Yep Amazon are fine, no problems and they deliver whrn they say they will, got my Touch from them

6. thericwu macrumors newbie

229 pounds is about 470 USD, right?

Well Amazon is at 399 USD.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sounds like a good price.

I bought my iPod 80gb 5.5G straight from Amazon (wanted it next day), my bro bought the same thing from one of them sellers for a few quid less, took a few days longer to arrive but it was fine otherwise. He accidentally dropped it and called Apple directly and they shipped him a brand new one.

If something does go wrong you can jump straight to the big chiefs. If it's DOA then just contact the seller. If they don't replace or refund then contact Amazon and give them a moan or 2.

You should be okay. As soon as the 16gb Touch is £199 or less I'll join the club :)

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

That's how it stacks up against the dollar, yes. But it's in a different society with a different currency and different economy. It will never be exactly the same. Plus, they have to add VAT to the price.