Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

veryvulgar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Hi I was looking for an iPod Touch 16GB for an Xmas present. I had a look on Google and came to http://www.ipodtouchlocator.com that allows you to compare the prices, stock etc.

Does £259 sound a good price? Anyone know of any better? I see there is still a shortage of Touches!! Hope I can get one before Xma at a good price.

Dont want to order frm Amazon if possible, too many bad stories to tell!!

Thanks

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
I've had nothing but amazing success with amazon when ordering directly through amazon. I've ordered stuff from one or two of their "partners", but that makes me nervous.

I had a very expensive Sigma digital slr lens that wouldn't work right upon receipt. The following might have based on my previous sales, but they sent me a replacement, overnight and included a return shipping label to send the other one back.

I bought my imac from them and probably close to $10,000 worth of merchandise over the last couple of years and couldn't be happier with them.

C'mon, no tax and free shipping and still have competitive prices? No brainer.

chall5

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I've had nothing but amazing success with amazon when ordering directly through amazon. I've ordered stuff from one or two of their "partners", but that makes me nervous.

I had a very expensive Sigma digital slr lens that wouldn't work right upon receipt. The following might have based on my previous sales, but they sent me a replacement, overnight and included a return shipping label to send the other one back.

I bought my imac from them and probably close to $10,000 worth of merchandise over the last couple of years and couldn't be happier with them.

C'mon, no tax and free shipping and still have competitive prices? No brainer.

Yep Amazon are fine, no problems and they deliver whrn they say they will, got my Touch from them

thericwu

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2007
229 pounds is about 470 USD, right?

Well Amazon is at 399 USD.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Sounds like a good price.

I bought my iPod 80gb 5.5G straight from Amazon (wanted it next day), my bro bought the same thing from one of them sellers for a few quid less, took a few days longer to arrive but it was fine otherwise. He accidentally dropped it and called Apple directly and they shipped him a brand new one.

If something does go wrong you can jump straight to the big chiefs. If it's DOA then just contact the seller. If they don't replace or refund then contact Amazon and give them a moan or 2.

You should be okay. As soon as the 16gb Touch is £199 or less I'll join the club :)

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
229 pounds is about 470 USD, right?

Well Amazon is at 399 USD.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
That's how it stacks up against the dollar, yes. But it's in a different society with a different currency and different economy. It will never be exactly the same. Plus, they have to add VAT to the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.