Ipod Touch 2g water damaged frozen on apple logo then reboots

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipod touch 2g, Jan 9, 2011.

1. ipod touch 2g macrumors newbie

i purchased an ipod touch 2/3 g on ebay its an a1288.. it was listed as stuck on apple logo. so when i got it the batt was dead i rechargrd it and sure enough it was stuck on apple logo with loading circle the power button was also very hard to push and i noticed it was lower then my other ipod touches button so i opened it up of course breaking the digitizer and mid frame also broke the lcd tryin to reinstall it after fixing the power button so i purchased a new midframe and new digitizer and the lcd screen. now i have my new parts and installed the lcd and it workds cuz it shows the same freezing apple screen i tried restoring cuz it syncs up to itunes just fine i tried dfu i tried jailbreaking but its still on apple logo although when u jail break u can see it do everything normal so u kinda get excited for nothing cuz it just freezes again afterwards and after a few min reboots and it all repeats i even tried the watchdog trick but nothing i do works. i contacted the seller again by now its been over a month since i have it and he told me he asked his daughter again what happened to it and she finally admitted it got wet:mad: i look in the headphone jack and sure enough its red so i have not installed the new digitizer yet till i fix it any ideas what part is actually failing thats making it freeze? any help will be greatly appreciated

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Any number of things could have been damaged by the moisture. You'll save a lot of time and frustration just replacing it.

3. ipod touch 2g, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011

ipod touch 2g thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i know but aim already out bout 100 bucks so i might as well finish the job plus i can find all the parts on ebay since now i am familiar with the inside of the unit. i just dont know which part to buy first weather it be the headphone jack or the volume buttons mayb the wi fi card i wish there was a way to tell exactly which part is causing the hangup anybody have any ideas? anyone ever take theirs apart and repair it?

4. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

Don't buy broken stuff on eBay.

Sorry, but it's true.
    I can't help you.