Ipod Touch 3g on 3.1.3, want to upgrade to ios 4.0 but getting error 3194 in itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ConnaZ, Sep 9, 2010.

1. ConnaZ macrumors newbie

Hey I just bought a brand new ipod touch 3g 32gb model (MC). It has FW 3.1.3 so I downloaded IOS 4.0 with the hopes of updating/restoring. Im running itunes 9.2.1 on windows 7. After I do the Shift and click method it goes to verify with apple and I get error 3194. I have tried setting the touch in DFU mode and am getting the same thing... I have googled for over 4 hours and its getting me no wheres !! can anyone help me please !!!

2. Abscissa macrumors regular

This, I doubt Apple is signing 4.0 anymore. Actually I'm pretty sure they stopped when they were on 4.0.2. Just jailbreak and backup on 3.1.3 if you haven't just in case you don't like it.

Why did you buy a brand new 3rd gen lol?

3. ConnaZ thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted to e able to jailbreak to get cydia stuff that is why I did not go to 4.1... The 3rd gen was for my gf she did not want the new one for some reason :/ so am I out of luck basically until a jb comes out for 4.1 ?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes, you have to wait until the 4.1 jailbreak is out. Or you could stay on 3.1.3 and hope you don't need to restore it because you won't be able to go back. And don't forget pirating apps is bad. Pay for everything!

5. Abscissa macrumors regular

Yeah, I upgraded to 4.0 when the jailbreakme came out...There's no real reason to. I had 3.1.3 for quite a while and had everything the way I wanted. But yeah, I just went to 4.1 so I'm not jailbroken anymore. Folders isn't very good, only 12 apps per folder? Multiasking sucks on 4.0, I installed backgrounder and had a cydia hack that made it close apps that aren't important or haven't been used. Best combo IMO, because I could still portrait lock.