iPOD TOUCH 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pr0230, Sep 11, 2013.

1. pr0230 Suspended

OK this looks like I posted in the WRONG Forum but ,please hear me out...

I would have liked apple to have announced an upgrade to the IPod touch... I currently have the ipodtouch 5....

SO I dont think any carrier would sell you an Iphone 5S without a plan, AND I DONT want a plan... But on the APPLE site , you can buy a T-Mobile phone with NO CONTRACT and the phone IS UNLOCKED...

Questions:

What is Unlocked? Is that like jailbreak...

And If I dod not activate the phone with T-Mobile - would I have essentially bought an IPODTOUCH 5S... ???

Please ignore the money issues... Yes I would buy the LATEST ipodtouch for 900... Im retired and can afford it...

2. =w=, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

=w= macrumors 6502a

=w=

I'm going to be a jerk and ignore the point of your post and just say that if money isn't an issue, why not just purchase the current iPod Touch and then when they release a new one, purchase the new one and stop using the old one..

Unlocked does not mean it's jailbroken. It means that you do not sign a contract in order to purchase the phone. If it is an unlocked GSM iPhone, you can use it on either T-Mobile or AT&T (or any other GSM carrier). I'm not positive how the CDMA versions work, because the last I knew, Sprint didn't allow non-Sprint phones on their network. I could be wrong about that part though.

Those examples are obviously assuming you're in the US. I realize this is an international forum, but i'm American and we generally assume everyone else is American too :)