Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I am looking for a simple case in black, clear, frost, white, or gray for the new 16GB iPod touch. I do not want to use any made for the 32 and 64 GB models since they would have cutouts for the camera and loop and also they would not have a hole for the mic, which on the 16GB model has be relocated to the top of the device.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
iPod Touch 5th gen 16GB cases - are there any?

I am looking for a simple case in black, clear, frost, white, or gray for the new 16GB iPod touch. I do not want to use any made for the 32 and 64 GB models since they would have cutouts for the camera and loop and also they would not have a hole for the mic, which on the 16GB model has be relocated to the top of the device.

It is the exact same size as the all the other iPod touch 5g. I think you should settle for the cheapest case you can find that has cutouts. The device just came out and case companies still have to make them for the new device. Nothing came up on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
It is the exact same size as the all the other iPod touch 5g. I think you should settle for the cheapest case you can find that has cutouts. The device just came out and case companies still have to make them for the new device. Nothing came up on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

No thanks. I don't want a cheap case, and further, I'm waiting for a proper case. No hurry here.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I've already got one from Handheld Items. They have the best crystal clear ones in my opinion-- like nothing is on the device at all. I've been buying them for years.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I picked up a flip case on Amazon, no cutout for the camera, it was a flaw on the case, made for the previous 5g's that omitted the camera hole, you had to take out the touch to use the camera, a negative on the case, but a positive for the 16gb

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I picked up a flip case on Amazon, no cutout for the camera, it was a flaw on the case, made for the previous 5g's that omitted the camera hole, you had to take out the touch to use the camera, a negative on the case, but a positive for the 16gb

Do you possibly have a link? I'm looking for a proper 16gb case after having a regular case for a few weeks now and I don't like the holes for the camera/wrist strap part that I don't have!

MacroMolecular

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
Canberra, Australia
iPod 5G (16GB) Cases

Hello,

A well known company called LifeProof have made a fantastic case of the iPod 5G. LifeProof make cases which are resistant to nearly all of the elements. It is water, shock, snow and dirt proof. You can get these fantastic cases pretty cheap - so check it out!

Here is their site: http://bit.ly/1oriLLs

Have a look and tell me what you think
:)

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.